What would you buy for the money?

PaulTither

i hate to say it but I think it may be time for me to move on from my beloved Lupo GTI (although I'm in no rush to). I've been offered a half and half company car scheme thingy which works out to about £20k.

What would you buy for the money? Bare in mind that I'm 23 with 5 years no claims, Lupo insurance was £425 for year. I'm 10 miles from work so wouldnt get to really use it alot during the week and want `decent-ish` fuel consumption.

So far my list comprises of;

New Golf GTI

Mitsubishi Evo 8 260

New Gold TDI

Mazda RX8

Civic Type R (although my g/f's dad has one)

second hand Porsche Boxster or Audi TT

What do you reckon?

boxter (yes yes I know) would be quite nice, although I dont think I could cope with the laughs frompeople in the street.

TT? erm.. no.

CTR.. very nice, but the g/fs dad will hold it against you for your entire life, so thats out.

Golf? nope.

Misti for me im afraid... although Id keep the Gti for a while till I could save for 300hp

Golf...no, it looks like a `307-Stilo`.

Evo 260...no, its the slowest one they make and the interior is horrid.

Golf Tdi...no, it a diesel so will be boring to drive.

Civic...no, its a van in drag.

Get a TT roadster and IHI it to 345bhp.

second hand last model M5 smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> S2000, R32 golf, new golf GTI, second hand M3, second hand Evo 7 or 8 (few thousand miles and they drop like a stone), Clio V6 mk2 (almost bought one up here year old with only 12K miles for £16K very tempting), cooper s works, 993 porsche 911, scooby turbo, lotus elise, vx220, tvr cerbera or griffith, bmw zm coupe

This is the kinda dilemma I've had recently mrgreen.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mrgreen:" border="0" alt="mrgreen.gif" />

CTR - wicked car, but does it have a good image? Is it a bit (T)Revs magazine?

Boxster/TT - nice cars, not tried a TT, but again it's the image

`RX-8` - Drove one 3 months ago, wicked car and engine, need TLC, high MPG. Great price though. The front wings look awful from some angles and there will be eleventy twelve million of them

Golf GTi - well at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask while he robbed you

Evo 260 - great car, so capable, nasty interior. Will you wish you'd bought a more powerful one in 6 months? Can you be arsed with the running costs. Will you look cool driving one?

Can you afford a 350Z? It's a bit more to buy and there's a waiting list, but it's limited numbers

The Clio would be a mental option, they really don't hold there value and at the end of the day its still only a Renault Clio! Apparently you can get a Chrysler Crossfire for £22k, they look quite sexy but arent they just basically an old SLK/?

Evo 8 ive just found out its piss easy to tune to a 330

Used to have a Mini and my mum has one!

TVR isnt practical cos they are forever breaking down

I'm not a big Scooby fan either

I like the sound of an Elise, 911 or vx220 tho

second hand vx220 turbos are getting into the low 20s now, saw a mint 2.2 in black with less than 20K miles on it for £13K sitting outside a garage near perth, complete bargain though maybe not the most practical winter transport. RX8 is nice and if you addid a bit more a 350z could be in the running, avoid the crossfire at all costs, it's a dog.