9s on the rear of a GTI

cafcross

An 8 with an offset of 12 scrubs on standard arches, and the car is pretty low, and thats with stretch on the tyres.

If you want 9's id think youd have to go to an offset of about 20 like mark said, but then you could hit the shock.

It seems that every GTi is slightly different though. What scrubs on one dosent on another.

John

What are the offsets of Borbet As? As I'm sure someone had someone had them on a GTI, or were they 7.5s all round?

I ran A's for awhile, and even had ago at runing 9's on the back but failed!! have alook in my thread below.

7.5x16's come in et20 and 9's are et15. you can get 7.5x16's with et35 but there harder to come by now.

Edited by vworks41

Well I put a 25mm spacer on my Compomotives and the corner of the 195 was almost flush with the arch, you'd need a decent arch roll to get that to work, I'll pop some pictures up if it helps.

That would put a 9 at et13, and you'd miss the shock IMO, that too much to run without flaring the arches a little, though.

God I loved your car on the MO's!

I've got 8s on the rear with the arches rolled and 5mm spacers...et20 with the spacer...doesn't rub at all. Going for a 10mm spacer after UD and a bit more arch work. Think I may just have to leave it at 8s or 8.5s with a higher offset as I can't keep affording to do more arch work.