My New Lupo GTi

LupoGTiNAB

Well thought I post this to all of the people that said that the Lupo GTi market isn't overpriced, just picked up my Lupo GTi from Bolton earlier today.

2005 '05' Silver

Top-notch condition

40,000 miles

Air-con

Cam-belt done recently

40k service just done

Long tax and MOT

£6750...bargain

P.S. Now start listing your GTi's at this correct price!

Edited by LupoGTiNAB

Well thought I post this to all of the people that said that the Lupo GTi market isn't overpriced, just picked up my Lupo GTi from Bolton earlier today.

2005 '05' Silver

Top-notch condition

40,000 miles

Air-con

Cam-belt done recently

40k service just done

Long tax and MOT

£6750...bargain

Well done.

party-hat.jpg?w=500&h=375

As above. Well done for getting one at the "correct price". When you get round to selling it, i'll look forward to seeing it advertised at the "correct price" also.

Hoping to keep it for a long time, and yes it will be correctly priced just like when I sold my other one.

Sorry, im still trying to work out why you needed to start this thread....

You should have bought a decent car like a polo, rather than being ripped off for a lupo gti.... :coffee:

Just sold my Polo to get another GTi.

Congrats on the buy.

Shame about what seems to be an attitude :huh:

No attitude just annoyed at disillusional owners over pricing their cars ... theirs a car exactally the same as mine on AT for near £8000 ... just silly

Edited by LupoGTiNAB

If someone offered you two prices for your car,

£6000 and £7000, which would you take?

Hmm...

The point is that 'near £8000' one has been advertised for near 4 months now, think that owner needs to wake up, same goes for a few other owners who have theirs cars advertised atm

VW Lupo GTi - 6-speed only - any mileage considered

Not interested in silver ... sorry

I'm checking all over, PistonHeads, AutoTrader, a few owners clubs and VW Performance mag. Still stuggling to find one I want.

Clearly Silver was the preferred colour when bought as new but silver just isn't a colour I'd buy. (if I can help it)

Glad you got the one you wanted. :coffee:

Post some pics up, lose the attitude and we might be nice.

Edited by 99hjhm

(if I can help it)

Spec was just too good and same to you, no attitude just people need to wake up with their advertising prices

Edited by LupoGTiNAB

£6750...bargain

If it was a bargain, Should everybody start listing there GTI's at bargain prices to lower the brand.

:)

clearly sarcasm is something some people just don't get ...

... was expecting comments along the lines of, "bigger fool to the seller" and the like

I dont see why people need to wake up though? Cars have been selling at these prices because people will buy them at these prices. Genuinely, i think you've had a good buy there. But judging by the fact you've said that it was too good to miss, you know you've had a good buy in terms of price. MOST at that age and spec are up for £8k or whatever, because they are sought after and a rare car.

But if in say 3 years time, the prices have dropped to about 2.5k will you be pricing yours at the theoretical price or at the price that the market dictates?

Jeez some people just totally miss the point of a clear post, Yes it's a good buy because to come across one that is actually priced correctly is a rarity, the reason the market is so slow on GTi's is simply because of the private market are massively over-pricing (some of) them.

Oh and before anyone says I'll answer before this post is added, there are plenty of them on the market to buy, so I'd hardly say the reason they hold a higher price is because the car itself is rare. Yes the numbers are a lot lower than cars in it's class.

Edited by LupoGTiNAB

So every car BUT that one is overpriced, yet that one is a bargain.

I'm not sure you understand what you mean by a clear point... :wacko:

I'm not sure you can read, i'm sure this sacastic comment has already been cleared up.

I'll bullet point to try to make it easy for lesser minded individuals:-

> The reason GTi market is slow is because of the private market over-pricing (some of) them.

> GTi is hardly rare when there's a fair few advertised for sale.

> Yes, comparing the deal I got to what some other cars are advertised for, it's looks like a (wait for it) "bargain" but really isn't, it's just correctly priced.

> Some GTi's are still for sale on AutoTrader and have been from November time, simply because of over-pricing and they will remain there until private owners wake up and look at what they are selling for rather than what "other owners" are advertising theirs for.

> Finally, don't get me wrong, I would imagine on a couple of occasions the seller has managed to sell for a over the top price but that does happen every now and again but just because 1 has sold for the over the top price doesn't mean that the next one will.

> Yes, there is a small element of "it's worth what someone will pay", BUT People have paid more money than they should have done on occasions (not just with cars but anything), doesn't mean it was actually worth paying it though.

Edited by LupoGTiNAB

> The reason GTi market is slow is because of the private market over-pricing (some of) them.

This is the car market for you, private is usually cheaper than dealer prices... but on some occasions private sellers take up dealer prices. The reason the GTi market is slow is becasue people who look for them are usually enthusiasts, and are looking for a correct example. Plus the DVLA only had 650 ish on it records of being on the road in the UK to date.

> GTi is hardly rare when there's a fair few advertised for sale.

How can you base the rarity of a car on how many is for sale? There were 990 ish GTi's imported in to the UK over the period the car was available, I think it was available for about 8 years, so that makes it quite a rarity based on how many other car models are imported and sold in the UK.

The DLVA has 650 ish on record, so id say its quite a rarity... How many do you see on a day to day basis?

> Yes, comparing the deal I got to what some other cars are advertised for, it's looks like a (wait for it) "bargain" but really isn't, it's just correctly priced.

You also need to remember, that cars are priced differently from the north of the country compared to the south. It seems the closer you get to london, the more expensive a model of car on a private sale can be. I dont quite know why this is, but i can imagine it is becasue alot of city'ites dont especially want to travel a long way to make a car purchase, hence sellers charging more as it is easier to get a sale.

> Some GTi's are still for sale on AutoTrader and have been from November time, simply because of over-pricing and they will remain there until private owners wake up and look at what they are selling for rather than what "other owners" are advertising theirs for.

Again, a car is worth what someone will pay for it. Thats the car market again for you, Take the silver gti that sold a while back, advertised for a good time, and there were alot of negativity about its price... But it did eventually sell, probably to an enthusiast who thinks its worth what he paid for it.

As long as your happy with what youve bought in the end of the day, then who cares. If you dont like the price then you go somewhere else. All depends on how desperate someone is to buy one in the end of the day. If you think about how much money you may have to spend going over the country to look at GTi's then it might well add up to the money you saved when you bought a "bargain".

Also remember, A good Quality OEM polo G40 can easily sell for £3500, ive seen a few go for that around my way. Again a rare car, and alot older then the lupo, But still holding a good value for what it is.

John

I paid £3400 for a LHD imported r reg 106 once.

Looking at that, i'm mad.

Thinking that it was one of three in the country, and the only 8v in the country, makes it make more sense.

You could put it up for near enough what you want, and you would sell it.