Audi Sat Nav

Jabo

Audi 2x DIN SatNav, only £233!

http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=35191790

Will it fit Loop?

EDIT: just checked stealers list price for retrofitting of the satnav system .. £2175 - nice evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

EDIT2: just checked that the price in foreign currency for the sat nav unit is an equivalent of an average monthly wages there....

I asked him that question smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've just checked list price at Polish stealers.. 19,840 PLN - almost 19k !

I don't think he's got a receipt.... 10 times cheaper than list price...

Yeah, it'll fit no problem. You'll need to get the aerial and wiring harness though, as we don't have them fitted.

Price is pretty reasonable - brand new versions of the latest 'G' versions of the VW unit go for around 400 quid if you're lucky, which includes aftermarket aerial and the 2004 UK nav disc (very important as these are expensive in themselves!).

You can also get a TMC unit for around 200 quid (receives Traffic Message Channel data broadcast via RDS, for use in `re-routing` due to holdups), and a Dietz 1212 multimedia adaptor for around 90 quid, which allows you to plug any PAL video source into it, and have it displayed on the TFT display.

Sadly, the even fancier version used in the Touran and Mk5 Golf (with 16:9 widescreen display) will not fit sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WD2V

Like this one?

or orginal VW one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Thanks snoop, ya da man ! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Do you any sources in UK for such units?

Just spent a couple of hours browsing through german ebay... 'G' version with CD and 'codekarte' goes for £200 smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Damm, I am watching over 25 items on ebay atm :oops:

£200???

Are the reserves met?

I expect they'll end up around £500 by the time the auction closes!

I've been looking for a VAG sat nav ever since I got the loop (inc. on Ebay) because I have a pants sense of direction.

However when a map from a service station costs about a fiver, I find it quite difficult justifying £500.

£200 and I'd snap it up immediately!

If you have an ebay account and some positive feedback jsut log in to www.ebay.de and search for vw navigation smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I turned three pages yesterday

As John said, I'd be surprised if they sold for as little as 200 quid, from a reputable seller...

Bear in mind the German units will generally come with a German Nav CD, although it's worth asking if they can supply the UK one, as a lot of the UK units come from German sellers.

and you'd be rightly surprised snoop smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> atm pirces are at ~£276 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

EDIT: What else do I need to ask for?

Cheers

UK nav CD and an aftermarket aerial and `aerial-harness`, that should be it. Might also want to check if it comes with the security code (more likely to not be nicked, for one thing wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

I leave my car running on my driveway wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> - I am only paranoind within my profesinal capacity, in private life I am quite the opposite smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The sat nav pdas dont cost much 300 odd quid gets u one with cd rom cradle sensor the works, mines works a treat full voice and visual with heaps of xtras including picking up on the cameras using same sorta setup as some expensive units even tells me where petrol stations r even the name bp etc.. Ive also the option of adding places to it on the map ie cruises in far off land lol

PDA is an option I must admit, it is very tempting!

Especially that you can use for so much things, even `VAG-COM` is a go with it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

p88bel, you got PM