Understeer

Got a problem guys, just gone for a blast round "my" lane, and for the first time ever, I... no not I.

The Car almost lost it.

Now I have reduced my tyre pressure from 35 to 28 pounds, so I think this may have been my problem, but the cars been a little unstable over the past couple of weeks so I dont know if its anything more than that.

Any ideas/Tips/Solutions for me?

And who fancies (not taking the piss out of the engine in the process) taking my car for a run at the Northan meet to tell me whats wrong?

Ross?

Darren?

Cheers in advance guys.

Could be the fact that its so low and there is no give in the suspension. That means the tyres are put under more pressure. Tyres and suspension should be working together. When suspension is ultra low and shocks are very stiff, Something will have to give, especially on bumpy, damp conditions ie The roads in UK.

On smooth racetracks you don't have the same problems smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh yeah Understeer usually happens when Front end is to stiff. Soften the front. Or stiffen rear to introduce oversteer, If you dare. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

If you have Adjustable damping soften the front first. And put less pressure in front tyres than the rear. This should give a Slighty larger contact patch(ie more grip). You shouldn't really sway too much from standard pressures. Try 35 psi rear and 30 front.

Not really sure what the problem is but funny you mention it.

Ive had a company car since Monday and got back in Lupo last night and it felt "all over the place". Wheelspin in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and lots of understeer. I had a 45mile drive to do and took it so slowly cos I was worried about going off the road.

Temp read 11 celcius so no ice but there had been drizzle so roads were greasy.

Think our low ride height, stiff bump settings (not adjustable on FK as its rebound adjustable only) and damp weather are to blame mate.

No way can a car just start handling bad, its the change in weather (I HOPE).

easy fix.....raise the coils a touch and level the tyre pressures a bit....i would try nearer 30 and see how it goes.

if theres no give in the suspension and the tyres are over inflated it will drive like an ice skate....obviously u dont want to raise the suspension, but im sure u also dont want to plough your car into a tree.