Oil for my GTI

Snoopy

Checked it last night and it's pretty close to the bottom of the dipstick. So I need to get some more, and I can't be bothered queueing for half an hour at the VW parts department, I'd rather get it from an independant.

So, what's the best stuff to get?

can't remember lol it's in your manual, gives viscosity think it's `10-40` for the lupo but you'll need to check and conforms to VW spec 810.1 (again in the manual) or something like that but it will say that on the bottle.

Forgive me for being uneducated in Loop's here, but what? You're meant to put some VW oil in yer car? Simon mentioned something about posh squirter stuff you're meant to use (from VW), but I thought he was messin..?? No Halfords Green Apple screenwash for Juro? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

good quality halfords stuff is fine, i use 5w/40 castrol engine oil the lup. Any screen wash is fine ( halfords screen wash will do a treat!! lol

Yeah, I got some Mobil1 `0W-40` with SuperSyn, had the suitable VW approval (502.00 I think).

I was gonna get some `5W-40`, but on the back of the only one they had it specifically said only for use on VW engines with certain oil approvals, and ours wasn't one of them.

OOoo @ all this oil approval stuff... very interesting. posh oil.. marvellous biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

you want fully synthetic for the lupo, quite a few options in the manual if i remember but better to go for the heavier oil over winter as your engine isn't likely to warm up so much and the thicker stuff will stick to the surfaces better. Just got some for the Cupra, tdis are using extra thin `5-30` synthetic in the PD engines now.

QUOTE(tdwindustries)
Quantum gold kicks ass

The Gold Fully Synthetic oil is my cars weapon of choice. It feels so smooth. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />