Stupid Question

db

Right i know this is a stupid question but i've gotta clear it up as im uncertain and my dad keeps harassng me. As you'll see below i have the standard gamma unit with the optional CD player. My dad keeps telling me that the indash one holds six CD's and you just put another one in and his friend has a VW and thats how it works. I told him that under no circumstances was he putting another CD in my CD player and messing the whole thing up. It does come up with the message on screen of 'checking magazine' sometimes but cant remember why it did it.

9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

So my questions are; is it a in dash 6 disc changer (i dont think so)?, If not did the loop come with changer as an option? If it did where in the car is it located as ive not noticed anything in the boot

Thanks in advance for the help :wink:

Yeah, they should light up. Try giving it a thump wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

There are two `in-dash` CD players, the earlier one which was a single CD machine, and the later one which was a `6-CD` changer. Yours is the `single-CD`.

If it makes you feel any better, the mechanism for the `6-CD` model can go wrong and jam quite easily. I know someone who managed to get it to accept 8 CDs! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Um... that may have been me - I've had 8 in mine before, they're not the most reliable. Sometimes they seem to think they've ejected a CD when in actual fact they haven't. Every so often it needs taking apart and a CD pushing out - when I got mine it even had a CD stuck in it!!

I think the single ones also look better in the loop, as mentioned the buttons match the head unit better.

The 6 in dash changer was also never an option for any loop in the UK.

Here's a pic of my 6...

6CD.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

(sorry, phone camera's a little fuzzy atm)

bossjohn, how do you rate your changer?

I may have a chance of getting one for around ~£150, second hand, is it worht the money or would I be better off with a new sony remote unit (boot mounted) for ~£99 + £50 for adapters and wiring?

I found one for much £107 atm with circa 40+ to go... I know, price will go up sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> what's the highest you'd be willing to pay for one if you were on the market for such a unit (I personally would love to have original `dash-mounted` VW changer and not fiddle woth boot installs or changovers to another head unit...)

Usually something with a box is safe enough for me if I'm buying it from someone I don't know. If you can get a receipt then all the better.

The Sat Nav unit freshly stolen from the biker guy will undoubtedly be going on Ebay for a song soon, and I don't like supporting that kind of thing smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> :wink:

Me neither, and unfortunately if done properly `e-bay` sellers are largely untraceable (unless police can get ISP to disclose physical location of IP adress but hen again there so many unsecure `Wi-Fis` in the air....)

Cheers matey:)

Look at this one: http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=35191802

It's £116 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> buy now price

or

Audi 2x DIN SatNav, only £233!

http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=35191790

EDIT: just checked stealers list price for rtrofitting of the satnav system .. £2175 - nice evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

EDIT2: just checked that the price in foreign currency for the sat nav unit is an equivalent of an average monthly wages there....