Stiff stearing turning right

Clairey

hey i have a little problem with the loop when i turn left its light and fine but when i turn right the stearinf stiffens up. i read i may be realated the the cam belt needing to be replaced but after doing this its still there! not so bad but its there its intermitent some times i does others it dont :huh:

is the system just belt driven or is it electricly assisted also on the gti?

thanks

Ben.....

Could be a simple wheel alignment/camber adjustment to the extreme of a damaged steering rack as it was in an accident.

Have you checked the wishbone bushes are not shot and creating excess play too?

Try also driving in a flat carpark to see if there is still any difference.

Could be a simple wheel alignment/camber adjustment to the extreme of a damaged steering rack as it was in an accident.

Have you checked the wishbone bushes are not shot and creating excess play too?

Try also driving in a flat carpark to see if there is still any difference.

yeh could be steering rack but thaught i could check the easyer things 1st incase it isnt! if it was the rack i would think it would do it all the time but some times its fine sometimes not

its just had an mot and all was fine

Hope you cure it..............MOT's are useless in my opinion as they are only a check over and valid for that day and even then they vary from place to place.

The wife had a failed MOT (NationWide - AA Approved!!) for a leaking damper...........got it home and got under the car straight away and noticed loads of grease everywhere, which ended up being an exploded CV boot and that was not even picked up on........or a broken spring that I discovered when I put new front dampers on.

Take MOT's like a pinch of salt to be honest