Will H's Lupo Sport - Edinburgh

willh

FINALLY got my rims over from Germany on Friday, so rushed and got the tyres on yesterday - we ended up getting one of the fitters standing on top of the rim, on top of the tyre fitting machine to stretch the tyres down over them!

Lupo Soprt 1.4 16v 100bhp

BBS RM 15" splits - 7.5"f and 8"r with 195/45 Dunlop 2040's all round

Funtech coilovers - still changing heights with new rims fitted

K+N 57i induction kit

Mattig grill and insert

Panasonic MP3/WMA headunit

MacAudio MacAttack 350rms amp

Infinity Perfect 12 sub - sealed box

Smoked rear clusters

Smoked indicators

`De-badged` f+r

Side strips removed

Those of you at the recent Scottish meet will have seen the car on the standard rims a few weeks ago, here's some updated images:

Frontrighthalf.JPG

Rearrightlowhalf.JPG

Leftghosthalf.JPG

Rearrightwheelhalf.JPG

Rearrighthighhalf.JPG

Frontleftsmall.JPG

Still got lots to do, but that'll have to wait till I find some more money!

Cheers,

Will

Yeah the BBS were my total top choice - just got lucky on Ebay from a German guy.

They are too wide for the body tho - will need to pick it up for the next few weeks til I can get the arches sorted.

FYI - The BBS RM's were ET33 in standard fit (6.5x15), and these have the extra dishes to make them 7.5 and 8 wide. The fronts seem ok so far, but it looks like the rears will need some work.

Just to help for us `non-gti` owners with baby arches!

looks good mate ! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> all i can say they look like u shall be spending weeks rather than hours cleaning them ! lol , i can hardly talk i have standard rims :cry:

They were just sprayed with VW black paint in my room.

A proper DIY job, but if you use lots of very fine layers you can get them progressively darker but not too dark that they dont work. They're fine at night and I've never had any beef off the police.

Rims look mint. Love them!

Next mod, diy smoked headlights. Theres instructions on here somewhere of how to take them apart and spray the insides.

OOoooooo lovin' this... I know this may sound stupid, but it's very black isn't it!

Rims look fab on... car is lovely. Very nice there mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

mmm loving them smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i am gonna try out 8 inch dishes on the front as i have some spare,

i need to have my rear arches done as they catch, specially with five people in the car

my ET is 25mm , so they stick out a tad more , i think ?

avnt had the arches done yet, as to allow wheels clearance as i never had the problem with my 17" wheels .. but i have had the line on the arch blended in
Blended in? What does that involve was the linning taken out? And you didnt have any problems with your 17"? :? How low was it on the 17"?

Cheers