Wet handling and coilovers

GTi Si

Ive tried a no of different tire, wheel and suspension setup and so far i beleive toyo proxes ts 1s 195 45 15s r doing the best for me, I do know theres new proxes being released very shortly that r supposed to better the ts 1s so ill be changing to them when i get knew rims. My mates got a set of porsche rims in chrome, deepdish cant mind the style got a kinda euro look, well theyre much wider than my 205s and the rears eeven wider so ill be fitting em with hub kit and toyos if they do em correct size. Ive also found the proxes good long wearing as long as u run em at the correvt pressures, found when dropping coilovers a lot that its best to change preassures a little

i tend lower preassure at from a little and a bit more on the back so it step out on hard corners, down to personal choice though fit a airline like ive done and u can adjust em anytime. Ive bolted a air preassure line thats wired up to a remote switch inside the car to turn on the power then just go out unclip the airline and then can adjust all 4 tires without any probs, best to have some gloves handy though especially this time of the year lol

The airline box barely weighs anything anyways and is tucked up safely, I cut out spare wheel well so use that instead and a can of tire weld, so far had one complete flat on motorway pulled off slowing and fulled up with air and was at a garage 5 mins later, Im de to get it on ramps shortly so ill get some pics of it. Reason i removed spare wheel well was for the exhaust! Id like to get something under the car to jack it up like race car style but would be a bit heavy i reckon

think about it will bring u down slightly lower even more lol where is it ur from tigz i reckon we should get mines and urs side by side on their asses up for it???

Im supposed to be going south quite a bit next year but got 1 photo shoot to get done with a well known mag so may be down sooner

I have raised the height at the front by 1" and it handles better around town. It doesn't vere off when you hit a drain or an inperfection in the road smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The tyre pressures need lowering as the steering is too light.

The back just needs to come up a little to match the front smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So it is only around 1" lower than a standard GTi, but the stiffer set up is nicer smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

S