lupo gti headlight

Tarrier

ive basicly been told i need a whole new headlight and i was wondering if anyone has bought one brand new or got one off ebay or whatever because vw are saying that it is in two parts both costing about 250 each that just seems alot to me but i was just wondering if anyone can help out?

thanks

wouldnt supprise me! that price seems good for dealer prices! i would think it would come in 4 pars the main headlight then the bulb the ballast and the igniter but you would only need the headlight but there still not cheep! maybe the second part is the screw on back?

Does that include labour? Why do you need a whole new headlight?

I had considerable issues trying to get back to having 2 fully functional headlights when one of mine packed up. Mine turned out to be a faulty ignition and bulb and because VW were completely incompetent, they tried to claim it was the whole unit that needed replacing.

Oh and I was just short of a month without 2 fully functional headlights as a result.

Yes, they only come in one peice, if you have a broken shell etc. Mine isn't adjusting, the lens is sitting in the wrong place, so I need a new unit before my MOT.

Buying second hand is really dodgy, I got one off ebay, inside it was worse than mine, got my money back though.

my bro owns a garage and we got an auto electrian (not sure if spelling is right lol) to come in but i have bought a new headlight from vw which was like 250 but i might need the other ignitor part which is another 250 such hassle. but since ive had my car obviously i havent looked at the lights but it looks like the previous owner had a knock becuase it was in bad shape screws missing. thats why im not sure about a second hand one rather just now that it wont go wrong again ( i hope)