Lupo 1.4s Remap?

Ralphy

Hello guys ! Couple of weeks back wanted a lupo sport however after having no car for atleast 3 weeks now and struggling to get to work ! I need a car, but i have not found any Sports, only "S"

So to cut a long story short has anyone ever remapped a "S" ! I kno it dosent sound alot, 25bhp more but i really wanted 100bhp ! May sound stupid but just wanted to kno

Cheers Guys (Mike)

you can't get 100bhp out of the S model, it has something that will break coz it's smaller than the sports lol

there are loads of topics on tuning 1.4s anyway so do a search

That doesn't sound right! What exactly will break?

This has been asked a lot mate, and it is a lot more than just the ecu, more than is worth bothering with IMO. I looked into it quite extensively and came to the conclusion that its a lot of money and work for a car with the same power output as a slightly better model. Make it look good and handle well until you can get something really fast if you ask me, thats what i've decided anyway.

to get sport power out of a 1.4s u will need

sport cams

4-2-1 mani

decat/sports cat

cat back exhaust

sport inlet manifold

if you have a fbw (fly by wire) throttle you can use sport/gti throttle body, if you have cable you will need a polo AFH throttle body

bmc induction kit

and a remap and that shud see u to sport power

add a set of performance cams and you should be around gti power but u will also have no engine in no time

and for what u will spend on all that it wouldnt really be worth it

• 3 weeks later...

a very good mapper near me says hes had near 100bhp from a standard 1.4s, he says they are one of the easiest cars he has had to map, and this guy really is amazing at mapping, most companys buy there maps from him and sell them,

hes raved about on the fabia vrs forum and the megan sport forum, me managed to map my brothers supercharged clio sport on the standard ecu regardless of being told its impossible and cannot be done,

and in the next few months we will see the truth in this as hes mapping my car once the exhaust has been done :D

33% power increase from a standard engine?

Optimistic Rolling road IMHO.

Like when Ross's GTI got 154bhp at Stealth Racing... But only 141bhp at Northampton Motorsport a few weeks later.

he uses one of the best rolling road in the uk, where every rolling road is calibrated identically, plus when my interior is done i am getting it mapped befor i get the exhaust and remap so i can see what i have actually gained, and not what the rolling road is telling, so if after this i have gained 25bhp or more i know it will be pretty much sport power, evan if the rollers are out

and it is paul from rs tuning who will be mapping it

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/dyno.php

Who does he write maps for?

Richard Washbrook from Oscarli writes the majority of Revo's maps. Custom Code maps are all written in Israel. APR Maps are all written in the US by Keith/Australia by Guy Harding. GIAC Maps are all written in the states.

So having said that he doesn't seem to write maps for any of the Major VAG Mapping companies. Must be for the Fords/Vauxhalls or something?

When you have your car Rolling roaded, don't bother with "Flywheel" or "Clutch" power figures. Ask him to do it in Wheel power as this is the real life figure that way there will be no arguments about "Transmission loss" as every single manufacturer of rolling roads seems to work it out differently.

My Bora lost 9bhp on Awesome GTI's "DynoJet Research" rolling road, yet on another company's "Dynodynamics" rolling road, it lost around 25bhp through transmission. The end results on both showed exactly the same Wheel power, but oddly on the Dynodynamics rollers the "Calculated" flywheel figure was more?

Sorry but i dont believe you.

Ill wait for proof when you get it done.... but i tell you now, ill be waiting for a long time.

With a bmc, 421 and cat back system and a remap gtis are making only around 140bhp, thats a 15bhp increase. and that was done at awesome by jeff webb, whos very well known as being one of the best.

But if you think you can make 25bhp, go on then, but i think you will need to be creative with photoshop and a dyno print out.

John