Lupo Window Guide

Clairey

the electric window on the drivers side of the GTi seems to of grabbed the window guide seal on its way up and ripped it and now it doesnt sit right in the door! want to get another one but there around £50 from VW so was hoping there would be somewhere else i could get one from! anyone have any ideas? cant seem to find any online :wacko:

its this part....

window.png

Number 11?

GTI's have a little lump on them, don't know why. I'm sure the Laser Blue 55 plate one I've seen didn't have this lump though.

Part 22 is curved, rather than a right angle, like other Lupos.

The GTI has thinner glass.

There may be other differences.

My window did this recently, it looked like it had done the seal in the window, and it wouldnt close propperly, kepy grabbing and tilting the wondow.

What i found out was the back of the wondow had fallen out of its runner, if you open the window fully and remove to lower door trim and loov through to the back of the door you will see a little white clip, mine had jsut come unclicked from it, probably form shutting the door too hard.

Easily fixed, seems to have solved the problem.

I'm sure the Laser Blue 55 plate one I've seen didn't have this lump though.

Bloody hell Phil, how did you spot that? I've just checked some photos I have and you are correct.

Haha, its probably only got a 1.0L engine with a GTI cover on it too :lol::blink:

:lol:

I thought it was you and I who noticed it? Must have been some other sad bugger. :lol:

Or maybe tof1 noticed it on another car and asked what they were? Dunno.

Edited by Philplop

My window did this recently, it looked like it had done the seal in the window, and it wouldnt close propperly, kepy grabbing and tilting the wondow.

What i found out was the back of the wondow had fallen out of its runner, if you open the window fully and remove to lower door trim and loov through to the back of the door you will see a little white clip, mine had jsut come unclicked from it, probably form shutting the door too hard.

Easily fixed, seems to have solved the problem.

legend! bet thats what it is! can hear something ratling round in the door bet thats what it is! havent got round to looking yet though