Scotty's 1.4

Scotty1.4

• 2 weeks later...

Right heres some more pics of stuff ive done to the loop!!

This is the original grill

Then i had to take apart the various screws and retaining lugs

Then i got the new grill into place and secured it after a small amout of filling some edges

Edited by Scotty1.4

Heres some more stuff ive done this weekend:

Got some chrome lettering for my grille

Then on the inside i put "LUPO" on the ashtray lid:

Last pic for this update is my CD player which i fitted a while ago:

Edited by Scotty1.4

• 1 month later...

Heres an update from my lupo where i installed my own version of the iPod dock in coin tray idea. Mine had to be done differently as my cd player has no cd changer socket in the back of it and could operate like some others. This might not be the best way to do this but its how i did it:

Firstly i removed the cointray unit from the rest of the dash

iPhoneStuff3.jpg

Then i began to trim down my iPhone dock to fit in the tray. This meant removing some of the bottom of the dock:

iPhoneStuff4.jpg

iPhoneStuff5.jpg

iPhoneStuff6.jpg

The next step was to place the smaller dock in the tray and run the charging lead up a track in the tray unit to the dock and out the back to the cigarrette charger unit:

iPhoneStuff7.jpg

Next came the radio area itself, so i took out the radio and then the cubby hole to leave the rather big hole:

iPhoneStuff8.jpg

iPhoneStuff9.jpg

Then i made some modifications to the radio compartment cover that i bought. This involved incorporating a switch to turn the charging facility on and off seperate from the radio:

iPhoneStuff10.jpg

I then wired up the socket which the cigarette charger would plug into, and then wired that to the switch:

iPhoneStuff11.jpg

iPhoneStuff12.jpg

Then with a lot of connecting, moving and bending of wires it was back in position on the dash:

iPhoneStuff15.jpg

iPhoneStuff16.jpg

The power for the charging comes from the constant live of the cd player through the socket, through the cigarette charger then into the dock.

Edited by Scotty1.4

yea not bad dou you not have an aux on the back of the unit? this is exactly how i had mine wired..

reason i changed mine was due my ipod touch being tall it used to jump slightyly over bumps causing ot to pause all the time..do you get this on the road?

:) Looking good!

Thanks Amber

yea not bad dou you not have an aux on the back of the unit? this is exactly how i had mine wired..

reason i changed mine was due my ipod touch being tall it used to jump slightyly over bumps causing ot to pause all the time..do you get this on the road?

Well i have driven with it in today and there have been no problems so far. No my only aux port is on the front of the unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really much of an update here just a story about my MOT test today. Dad took the car up for the test this morning and it was all okay for a while then the man said he was going to fail my car for my sunstrip. The sunstrip i have is apparently too low and dad had to remove it to get it through the test. Is there a certain law over the distance down the window a sunstrip can be?? I know he said sumthing about it not being allowed to be inside the windscreen wiper area when the go to their max distance but surely this means very few cars can have any kind of sunstrip at all??

Also just a picture of some solid headrests i found in the garage from one of dads old cars, that i am going to try in the lupo tomorrow. Hope they fit.

Headrests-1.jpg

Edited by Scotty1.4

Another small update. I have now got a full set of blue bulbs on the front as i got my sidelight bulbs in this morning:

MySidelightBulbs2-1.jpg

MySidelightBulbs3-1.jpg

Unfortunately my plan for the headrests in a previous post didnt work ou as they wouldnt fit :angry:. Is there any "law" issue with having no backseat headrests? I quite like the look of it without

Headrests2-1.jpg

Edited by Scotty1.4

Another short update this time of my mudflaps. I really wanted a bigger set of mudflaps on the back so i got a chance to fit them today and i am fairly pleased with how they have turned out.

Comments always welcome!!

Edited by Scotty1.4

Think you have to have headrests in if you have passengers in the car but im not 100% on that. Mud flaps are a little large? Might work with some wider arches and wheels though! What does the red R stand for?

Yeah im just trying the mudflpas that size for a while to see what they are like. They are easy to cut down if i want to. The "R" means i am a restricted driver, which means i have to display the R for 12 months after i pass my test and should only be going at a max of 45mph!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Those mud flaps couldnt look more out of place! Im sorry but they look pants.

Oh and you dont need any headrests in your car, it will pass a mot 100% without them :)

Edited by marcusgrant

Your mudflaps look great, where they from I might order some for my car?

Cheers

Thanks they are just plain black ones from halfords, so you can cut them to the kind of shape that you want.

Those mud flaps couldnt look more out of place! Im sorry but they look pants.

Oh and you dont need any headrests in your car, it will pass a mot 100% without them :)

Well thats your opinion i guess.