Revving when in neutral

As the title suggests im having a prob with the lupo revving when in neutral...

Its wierd. Like when coming up to lights, whack it out of gear in to neutral and it revs from like 750rpm to up to about 1250... Does it about 3 or four times and then settles...

Im not an engine guy myself... But i thought maybe the cluttch as it feels quite high anyway...

Any help appreciated

Pete

As far as i know lupos dont use a MAF (mass air flow) sensor, they use MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, is your engine light on, i would get it on Vag-Com to read the faults. If your engine light is not on just try giving the throttle body a clean.

As far as i know lupos dont use a MAF (mass air flow) sensor, they use MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, is your engine light on, i would get it on Vag-Com to read the faults. If your engine light is not on just try giving the throttle body a clean.

No there arent any warning lights on or anything like that. It just revs. Forgot to mention its pretty abrupt and shakes the car when it does it!..

Jus a point, when i was looking through the forums last night noticed that your (luke) from 'north west'.. U from anywhere near ursmton?.. Sure ive seen a car like yours around there...

Pete

The first thing i would do is disconnect the battery for half an hour then connect it back up and start the car and let it run with out touching anything till the fan kicks in. And if didnt know the past of the car i would give it a full service and clean the throttle body, and check for air leaks, then if that fails i would change the map sensor.

Yes mate im from partington, got a load of family in flixton and urmston, and i used to commute daily through there to get to stretford.

What colours your loop pall is there any mods.

w-reg red... completely standard... Had it since end of July and havent done anything yet!..

Not sure what i wanna do. Defo wanna paint it. Think i'd go matte orange or pearl white... But atm not sure of anything else.

Bought it as a commuter really but you jus cant help yourself wanting to mod it, ey...

Next time i see you i'll give you a toot mate!

Pete