wares my oil going??

I got myself a 1.4s, had for a while now, but just recontly the oil level seems to go down on its own accord, now i like to thinki run a tight ship with my cars, theres no oil leak, the water is fine, and its not burning it???? i cant think ware its going, cos its getting a bit conserning now? anyone had a problem like this before?

dont lupo's use around 1 litre per 1000km's ? thats what it states in the manual so depending on your mileage is it not normal for the car to use oil?? especially if driven hard??

i top mine up now and again but its certainly not burning it, i should expect not lol its only got 36000 on it

If you are ragging it, you can use it all up in a few hours... No joke! Only have 3.2L in the sump.

1.4's had a few issues, valve stem seals is a good bet, along with piston rings.

Is the engine rattling or knocking?

Doesn't seem to matter whether if the Sports are ragged or not, high mileage or low mileage. The fact of the matter is that they used cheap parts. (valve stem seals, guides, piston rings etc.) When I part exchanged my Lupo Sport at VW for a Polo I spoke to a few of the mechanics and they all said the same thing. One of them bought a Lupo 3L in with a broken gearbox...ha!

This is why they mention in the manual that engine oil consumption may be anywhere near 1 litre / 1,000km.

Thanks god newer cars aren't like that! My 3 pot can run on either 5w-40 synta gold with the occasional minor top up every 3,000km or I can run it on 5w-30 synta longlife which is the most expensive oil ever since records began but it never needs to be topped up as it doesn't burn. I'm currently running the gold but I'm looking to change over to the longlife very shortly for the winter period.

Doesn't seem to matter whether if the Sports are ragged or not, high mileage or low mileage. The fact of the matter is that they used cheap parts. (valve stem seals, guides, piston rings etc.) When I part exchanged my Lupo Sport at VW for a Polo I spoke to a few of the mechanics and they all said the same thing. One of them bought a Lupo 3L in with a broken gearbox...ha!

This is why they mention in the manual that engine oil consumption may be anywhere near 1 litre / 1,000km.

Thanks god newer cars aren't like that! My 3 pot can run on either 5w-40 synta gold with the occasional minor top up every 3,000km or I can run it on 5w-30 synta longlife which is the most expensive oil ever since records began but it never needs to be topped up as it doesn't burn. I'm currently running the gold but I'm looking to change over to the longlife very shortly for the winter period.

New ones state the same :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...