Badge Styling

hunid-brake

Hi all i have just finished spraying my front badge which im pretty happy with, and now i was just wandering what i could do with the back 1. I want it black like the front one with the silver in the inbetween bits but will i be able to spray the rubber rim around the outside? i know its not ideal spraying onto rubber an all but i really wanna do that bit red so it would be a black badge with silver colour coded internals with a red rim around the whole badge. Any ideas or suggestions please. Mucho gracias :)

000_0088.jpg

000_0091.jpg

000_0090.jpg

000_0089.jpg

Only thing is as you can see in the last pic the red piping on the grill has faded...grrrr. I might try and red nail polish it or something.??? prob wouldnt work just end up melting it lol. What you guys think then?

loads of people on here have colour coded the internal parts to the colour of their car. im assuming its the same as the front badge and requires you to remove the securing pins front the front vw bit. I think they then have to be glued back together. That looks quite nice but i was hoping to do this tomoz on my day off as apposed to hunting for a passat badge online lol. Does look nice tho mate but i would colour code the internal parts so it doesnt look like a black circle from distance. ;)

the front badge i took out, then pushed all the little chrome pins through and and seperated the two pieces like that. i then keyed up the inside parts and the front, did three layers of primer sanding them up gently in between coats and then 3 layers of colour repeating same process. i used rattle cans which were suprisingly good at getting in the tight gaps on the internal part just be careful not to go too thick with coats or you'll get runs. i then used bathroom cleaner (cif cream) lol as a mild abrassive to polish the front and then a few coats of mer polish to get it nice and shiny. pop em back together and your uncle is now bob. i used vw black and flash red. i just done the back too but didnt realise that the can of reflex silver i got needed laquer to put on top so as im inpatient i chose to do it red background with black front and now it looks like ive got a denis the menace rear badge and im not happy. will get laquer and re do it silver soon. lol cheers tho i think the front one looks bad ass im well pleased.

Looks sexy as ****! Love it!.

cheers mate. all because i saw yours ;). back one that is lol. ive got a new plan for the back one. its going to be sexual.

sorry mate i didnt go all out on the back badge in the end i couldnt be arsed. so ive done it reflex silver colour coded in the inbetweenie bits and left the vw bit black, like everyone else i know im boring. i had planned to tape up the inbetweenie bits so that when i sprayed them silver when i removed the tape and put the front vw bit on their would have been a thin red stripe around the edge of every internal segment (with laquer over the two layers) so with the black badge on the top the badge would have still looked colour coded to the body (reflex silver) but with red border detailing. i dont know if ive explained that very well lol. maybe one day ill do it, ill get another badge to play around with. oh and bad news as i went to put my badge on i noticed my neighbour hs ****ted my back bumper with his flatbed bedford rascal over night. i have a deep gauge in my back bumber now with stress crack linesin the paintwork from when it flexed. i have no proof tho and he didnt admit to it but it was only his car parked in the middle of our lane as he came home drunk DRIVING. what a complete c**t. 120 bar for a respray grrrrr