New member saying hi =]

EllieRose

Hi =D Passed my test on Monday and bought my first car, a red V reg Lupo, this morning for £1550! I'm so happy with it, it's such a gorgeous little car.

6180_237317695047_832970047_8114388.jpg

Any ideas for what to do with it now though?? It's completely standard and not sure where to start :P Will probably be bringing it to VW Action at Santa Pod on the 6th as I'm local (Northamptonshire).

Edited by EllieRose

Nah a brother. He used to have a Polo so gone to a few things but he has a Fiesta now so not been going so much. It's handy having him because I have no clue about all the technical stuff! And thanks! So pleased to have passed!

Hibiscus flowers?? Wow! I def won't miss you!

I was thinking of lowering it because they just look better. Not sure how low to go though as it will be my everyday car and I know my brother ran into problems with speed humps etc with his very low Polo. How low do you think?

Other than that I'm not sure. I want it louder I know that but think I'm going to have a proper browse at Santa Pod in September and get a few ideas. All ideas welcomed though!!

hi mate. im from northampton i drive a blue lupo gti, will flash u if i see ya.did u buy ur car from a car garage in thrapston???

i drive past it loads and always look.wanted to buy it for the misses but needed bit more cash :)

glad u like ya car.where bouts u from in northamptonshire?

Wow seems to be a lot of Lupo's round here, that's cool. I'll def look out for you all :)

I bought it from a garage in Denford which is like 2 miles from Thrapston where I live. I've had my eye on it for ages but I failed my first test and was just praying it would be there after I passed second time round and it was so meant to be I think ;)

I'm torn between Edition 38 and VW Action but Santa Pod is easy to get to for me so I'll prob go there I think.

And haha Luke, yes there's still hope! And it's the colour I wanted as well so it's all worked out perfectly! I'm so in love with it! :wub:

Wow seems to be a lot of Lupo's round here, that's cool. I'll def look out for you all :)

I bought it from a garage in Denford which is like 2 miles from Thrapston where I live. I've had my eye on it for ages but I failed my first test and was just praying it would be there after I passed second time round and it was so meant to be I think ;)

I'm torn between Edition 38 and VW Action but Santa Pod is easy to get to for me so I'll prob go there I think.

And haha Luke, yes there's still hope! And it's the colour I wanted as well so it's all worked out perfectly! I'm so in love with it! :wub:

congratulations on passing your test :D

get your self to edition38 for the weekend gunna be a right laff i cant wait B)

Ah, get your self to Edition! any VW show in the country is going to be minimal whilst edition weekend is on!

We will all have to meet up soon, few Northamptoner's about now!

Look out for me, low white lupo sport on some shiney rims ;)

Rich,

Edited by little rich

Picked up my car this morning!!

First jobs are getting the little scratches and rubs touched up, getting the black trim touched up, new boot handle, new inside handles and get the sub fitted. Prob do a few cheap cosmetic bits like some dice valve caps then get saving for the main stuff!

It's got a tiny bit of rust on the roof which I hadn't noticed but hoping it won't be a huge problem.

Picked up my car this morning!!

First jobs are getting the little scratches and rubs touched up, getting the black trim touched up, new boot handle, new inside handles and get the sub fitted. Prob do a few cheap cosmetic bits like some dice valve caps then get saving for the main stuff!

It's got a tiny bit of rust on the roof which I hadn't noticed but hoping it won't be a huge problem.

Oooo, How are you finding driving it?

As for the rust its a common problem, Take it to a VW bodyshop and ask them to look at it, they should repair it for free under the 12 year rust warrenty, (probably take a week but you should get a courtesy car) , if just had mine done :)

Any way, welcome again ;)

I'm really enjoying driving it although it's VERY different to the Fiesta I learnt in! I'm not used to not having power steering yet and I seem to be revving it too much when I pull away? Like it seems really noisy. But that's probably just me. That's the only place I'm having trouble really. I stalled it earlier and it was the cutest little stall ever! The Fiesta used to launch me nearly through the windscreen! It's a nippy little thing though. I was worried being a 1.0 I'd find it too slow but it's fine. I'm a little bit in love!

Ah that sounds good about the rust. I'll post some pix up at some point and see if you think it's worth getting it sorted.

Ah cool cool, my 1.0 never had power steering, never really bothered me as there such little cars! and i still stall mine now ha :)

yes look forward to seeing the pictures, worth getting done imo for free!

Started work today with my brother (which basically means I picked up the stuff and then stuck some newspaper on the car :P). He rubbed down and sprayed with a primer and then painted the black bit of the door frame on both sides. One side had white paint on it somehow and the other was rubbed and tired looking. Still needs to be rubbed down again and another coat but it's looking better already.

Before

IMG_3640.jpg

During

IMG_3643.jpg

After

IMG_3645.jpg

Here's a picture of the main bit of rust

IMG_3641.jpg

And then some general pictures

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg