Rev counter high reading

s2000king

Heya, just noticed that my rev counter is reading 1000rpm when the engine is off and the key is out, this is still happening when the engine is turned on, but idle is 2000rpm when the engine is running as good as normal (not revving high). I smacked the dial, but nothing happened, is this common or has something got lodged?? Hoping it doesn't mean a new set of dials!!!!

Ps. Diagnostics come up with nothing.

Thanks, James.

mine did this once, I had to take the clocks out and take the back off them and then you could just fix it from there if i remember correctly I was very confused when I first spotted it thou, lol! easy enough to fix thou mate.

Sam.

Cheers sam, spun me out as well, i was in town in third apparently doing 5000rpm lol, thought i was seeing thing as i was only doing 30!!!!

Will try that next as well then.

Thanks again!!

James.

No worries james, it was when I noticed that I was doing like 8000rpm that I thought something was the matter :o lol! I think I did once manage to find a thread on this problem before thou ........ will have a look see if i can find it :)

Sam.

Looks like the needle has jumped, shouldnt be to hard to fix really just a bit of a screw on taking the clocks to bits

Theres been a few threads on this, just switch your ignition on, wait about 10 seconds then switch it off. Then repeat until the needle drops back down to 0, mine does it very rarely, i havent got a clue what causes it.

Just did it and its fixed, thanks for all the help guys, that's why i love this site, everyone is nice and doesn't treat you like a dumbass, i appreciate it!!

Cheers, James.

You dumbass :lol:, sorry could not halp my self :rolleyes:.

• 2 years later...

Sure enough, left well alone and the rev counter corrected itself inside three days, well at least one fix to a common Lupo fault hasn't cost me money. Big thanks to the forum and contributors for the comments.

Cheers

Gaz