am stuck

lupo_1.0

i dont know what to do..

i want to lower my lupo and get new alloys.

i havent got the money for coilovers at the moment.

i was looking at some lowing springs. it said i can get a drop of 40mm for only £64.99.

what is the catch with them.

is there any thing else i can buy to lower the car?

cheers

chris

Theres no catch except -40mm isnt "that" low.

Its fine for the front but the rear end is really high as standard.

I had -35mm Eibath springs and was really happy with the ride, wasnt too harsh just wasnt low enough for me.

For £60 you cant go wrong really, although if I was you Id save for coilovers, as you'll end up replaceing the spring within 12 months I'd put money on it 8)

my arosa was originally dropped 60mm but settled quite a bit more. it looked good but was a f*cker to drive cos it was so bumpy and ruined the fun of blasting around in it.

when i lower my gti itll be partly to close up the big gaps under the arches but mostly for better handling. i definately wont be going as low cos dont want to spoil the fun with this car

i know i would have to get a adaptor for 5 stud but i like a few alloys that are 5 stud..

what ppl think of theres.

bd_12_s.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

rhclassic.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

a1_12_sb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

a2_12_s.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

89_1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

0a_1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1st 5th and 6th YES PLEASE

looks awesome, personally i would prolly go for the merc wheels, the audi a8 wheels, i think id get tired of em after a while, and the last ones, i dunno maybe a bit too bling , but still like em

QUOTE(ArosaDan)
a8 wheels would be awesome, didnt think you could get a replica in a 16inch though?

We've been looking around for ages for the A8/RS4 style in 16' with 4x100 and only come upwith 17's @4x100 and as much as will look cool it will affect the performance quite a bit . I am still looking for those perfect looking 16' factory oem wheels and not having much fun finding em.. although i do like Cliffords BBS 001's arn't they? :?

QUOTE(loopogti)
IF YOU LOWER THE LOOP ON JUST SPRINGS, YOUR PROBABLY HAVE TO CHANGE THE WHOLE LOT IN A YEAR. SAVE THE MONEY AND GET SHOX AND SPRINGS MATE

Coilovers are the way forward mate.

If you buy springs. A year later you buy shocks and spprings. a week after that you'll be saving for coilovers!

Dude if your not driving it then just save like crap for the next few months and get coilovers you'll regret it for ever if you dont.