My first brush with VW --> *update*

Fyggy

Hello all,

Well I don't know how many of you's will be aware of my little saga with the loop, already, seen as though it was posted up in the Spotted section lol ( http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5594 )

Here's whats up with the loop (as told by Red Lup Gti)

What has happened is, some how the loom to the xenon has come detatched to its holder and has chaffed on the rad fan thus cause the wiring fault!!

Xenon will work but only if you wiggle wires about and i ant to keen on doing that to be fair!!!

(put some electrical tape on the bare wires for now (safety)) but i don't think this will be covered under warrenty cause it is not a fault caused by vw. The clip that holds the loom for the xenon in place is not broken or damaged so i ant quite sure what happened????????

So anyway, I rang VW up this morning and was on the blower 10 mins to the women, partly cos she couldn't understand my reg plate "S for sugar?" "Nooooo F, F for erm...." lol hehe.. so I told them I want it doing under warranty and she was like, the warranty has run out.

At this point I kicked off and she reckoned it was because the car had not been serviced when it should have which is wrong as Simon had it serviced only last month (the 20k service), so she agreed it was alrite and so went to book me in.............. the earliest they could is a week today!!

Now I could cope with it and just drive the loop during day, Fyggy @ night, but as of tomorrow wee loopy will be celebrating 3 years on the road (aawww biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />), so he needs an MOT, but that ain't gonna happen with a headlight buggered! So now I'm loopless for a week

:cry:

Gutted! And I had to ring up the southern numpties to tell them to put the service they did on 'the computer'!

Damn VW! Lol.... but on another note which has cheered me up no end, I've found out that BT have finally enabled my local exchange so I can now get broadband biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> So I've ordered it this morning 8) yaaaaaay

Anyway, sorry to rant on a bit but I'm upset at the loss of my loop for a week after only owning him for 3 weeks :cry: just a good job I have Fyggy to vroom around in!

Thanks @ your constructive comments on my nails tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Well I dropped Juro (Lupo) in this morning to VW and they have just rang this minute to say they've fixed it under warranty!! How good is that.. they said it was close call on whether they did it on warranty or not.. I tell ya it must have been my skirt that wrangled it tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> hahaha

So just have to pop back in on Friday to get a connector or something that they don't have in stock.. excellent

Off to pick him up now.. so happy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Then we're going to see my friends @ Kwik Fit for his first MOT... awww bless him

My faith is restored back in VW.. yaaaaaaaaay biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Dare Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats good news!! Any pics of that skirt?  

Yes thanks boys :wink: lol

QUOTE(ArosaDan)
so if i get probs with my car i should go to vw in a skirt and theyll sort it for me?

LOL! I'm just chief blagger biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Loop flew thru his first MOT too biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> excellent 8)

I am soooooo p*ssed off... right I've just got back from my 2nd visit to VW where they were fitting a new connector (as they didn't have the part in stock when I first took him in to be fixed)... so it's all good, I sit and wait an hour or so doing some uni work and eating all their danishes.

Get home, pop the bonnet to take some 'after' pictures only to find it seems they've done **** all...!!! evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

Here are 2 pics I've just taken now:

wiringpt2%20001.jpg

wiringpt2%20001.jpg

Now can someone confirm for me that the knackered L sorta shaped bit is the connector and also tell me that there is no difference between those after pics and this before pic (apart from the blue tape!):

dodgy%20001.jpg

Is it the same or is it just me being thick?

evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> :x

If its a warranty job, they have to keep the broken parts as evidence...

Yes but the broken parts still appear to be on the chuffin car is what I'm saying! Dodgy bloody VW

Right I think I'm gonna go down in person and have a bellow at them and as you two have suggested ask to see the old parts... grrr

Right.. just got back from VW and had to mechanic come show me what they'd replaced... it was some connector thingy that seals the 2 bits so they're water tight. I questioned why they'd not replaced that bit broken bit and they said cos you can't order just that part, you have to get the whole loom which is £1200ish. He assures me it's all safe and no water can get to the bits that it shouldn't get into n stuff and that it's all sealed and won't cause any problems. May keep an eye out for any Loop's in scrappies to rob that bit off then..

Happy again now.. my faith is restored! Onto the next bits to fix/sort now!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />