side repeaters

one litre wonder ;)

has anybody yet removed the side repeater off of the bodywork yet and changed it to a couple of small LED's on the wing mirror yet as some of the euro look loops would look alot more smother if they just had a few led's in the wing mirrors and has a light free side pannel

thought that the law read , All cars manufactured after 1985 which are produced with a side repeater had to have one , how what goings on have u got that will make u fail ur mot

I think u can remove them all together as long as ur front indicators can be seen when standing one meter from the side of the car (ie: next to the front wheel???)? So i guess it would be illegal on the loop/arosa.

It'd only cost £40 for a welder to do it and would look sweet if u removed the handles too! Pop pop.

can anybosy tell me , i was thinking of having the handels removed aswell , and i know u can get a solinoid to open the door but how does it all work to get the door open if the battery goes dead!!! ( even though it shouldnt on a `new-ish` car)

Well with the Mk2 Arosa, if the battery goes dead and you haven't flushed the boot, you can get in the boot.

Otherwise you can get a small plug (kinda like a cigarette lighter socket) hidden on the car some where (in full filler cap, under wheel arch, behind grill) that is connected to the battery. So if battery goes dead you can hook up to this socket up to another battery and "Robert's ur mothers brother".

Any decent alarm fitter will do this i think.

cool i was thinking of flushing the boot but keeping the big S badge and moving AROSA to undernneith it , removing the wiper , seat , and s but so its not to bare i have my ms designs spoiler ! how much u recon it would cost to remove the door handles??

The 'typical' thing to do is to mount a PP3 battery clip (in a waterproof box) under a wheel arch or similar. That way you can just buy a PP3 battery and clip it on to pop open the driver's door.

Obviously you need to hide the box reasonably well wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />