40mm drop problems

TrialsCraig

Ok...so i know that some of you chaps slam the bejesus out of your cars with no worries or major issues.I have a 51 plate TDI with a 40mm drop and my arb catches under moderate potholes and so does my driveshaft....copius amounts of tyre rub too.The springs are kw all round and the dampers are shortened uprated ones.Top mount bearings have been changed and the top mount rubbers arent perished at all and look in good condition.The wheels are standard sport alloys with 185/55 or 50/14(aint to sure).kw list the same springs for 1.0 1.4 1.4tdi. Is it just me being paranoid?I thought a 40 mm wasn't to much to ask.

Help anyone.

Craig

This wont answer your question but your not the only one whos had trouble, Ive lowered my GTI on coilys and have had trouble with my camber non stop since having it done, chewing tyres, had it set up and best they could manage was 3.5 degrees negative camber each side, got adjustable camber bolts and had it set up again STILL 2.5 out. I give up :lol: Dont know how people do it on here with no hassle.

Sure one of the pros's will come along and sort you out now ;)

This wont answer your question but your not the only one whos had trouble, Ive lowered my GTI on coilys and have had trouble with my camber non stop since having it done, chewing tyres, had it set up and best they could manage was 3.5 degrees negative camber each side, got adjustable camber bolts and had it set up again STILL 2.5 out. I give up :lol: Dont know how people do it on here with no hassle.

Sure one of the pros's will come along and sort you out now ;)

Take a file to your coiles/hub hole things, to allow for more adjustment. And i have my 1.0l down 40 mm at the moment and the only things i catch are the subframes and sills and the front bumper occasionally, but im on 13s at the mo, and i have ran 14s and never had any problems.

Ok...so i know that some of you chaps slam the bejesus out of your cars with no worries or major issues.I have a 51 plate TDI with a 40mm drop and my arb catches under moderate potholes and so does my driveshaft....copius amounts of tyre rub too.The springs are kw all round and the dampers are shortened uprated ones.Top mount bearings have been changed and the top mount rubbers arent perished at all and look in good condition.The wheels are standard sport alloys with 185/55 or 50/14(aint to sure).kw list the same springs for 1.0 1.4 1.4tdi. Is it just me being paranoid?I thought a 40 mm wasn't to much to ask.

Help anyone.

Craig

Only 40mm?? I ran my TDI about 70-80mm down for three and a half years and my driveshaft only caught on the odd occasion! The main problem I had was that it used to rub through lower boost hoses for fun (went through 3 in the space of 6 months until the fault was completely solved)

Its weird. If I lower my car the same amount on the KWs as I did on the TA Technix then the driveshafts rub on the chassis legs. However with the TA's it never rubbed at all.

KW's are have quite complaisant springs where TA Technix are Rock hard. Same with FK's really.

• 4 weeks later...