de wipering???

pedro5190

please can somebody tell me how to de wiper my rear window and wether it is alot of messing about??

thanks sam

Quite easy to do really;

(off the top of my head)

remove the boot lining, the bit on the boot door, theres two screws in each handle which you take off first then gently pull off from one side to the other trying not to break the clips

then take the arm off from the outside, think a spanner is needed not sure

then take off the screws holding the motor on from the inside and remove the water hose. i screwed a screw into the water hose so it wouldn't leak but as long as you make sure you never hit it then you'll be fine

some bits are fiddly but nothing major. tuck some of the cables behind some gaps

then just get a 22 or 25mm grommet from halfords for the hole :) then put the boot lining back on

you can also get a glass insert for about £23 online, which is what i have :)

I'll buy the bits you take off as my wife wants a wiper put back on her GTI.

I have the grommit in exchange!

The only hard thing about it is putting the boot lining back on!

Nah its not. Its all pretty simple. The piece which comes from the motor through the window has the thread on and the tighter it was screwed on in the first place the tighter the thread will be. When taking the wiper arm be forcefully gentle, if thats possible. If you push the wiper up at the joint, not the arm, it will break the spline thread and bobs your uncle

my rear wipers broken for some reason and its given up in the vertical position so ive just tried removing it to find out where its broken (not fuse) and the plastic o' ring going around the threaded washer jet was perished and cracked which is likely the cause of it not working.

Anyway could i take the wiper arm off......... could i hell! everything is seized solid and even much wd40 soaking doesnt work. before i take the hacksaw to it anyone got any suggestions?

my rear wipers broken for some reason and its given up in the vertical position so ive just tried removing it to find out where its broken (not fuse) and the plastic o' ring going around the threaded washer jet was perished and cracked which is likely the cause of it not working.

Anyway could i take the wiper arm off......... could i hell! everything is seized solid and even much wd40 soaking doesnt work. before i take the hacksaw to it anyone got any suggestions?

pull like f**k :P

• 3 weeks later...

I did mine with my mate last night... he did his on a corsa and said after you remove the nut.. you may need a 'Ball Joint Remover' to get it off.. but we jsut sprayed it with GT85.. and used a bit of man muscle to get her off :).. jsut put against your windscreen and thumb on the water jet :)

and didnt have a grommet that fitted caus he had the biggest on his corsa.. so used the old rubber and put the 19mm grommet in the end of that... Quick fix (Y).

and my Rear Jet has been ****er for years... so i jsut clipped it and put some superglue in the end to prevent any minging water thats left from coming out.

took us MAX 10 mins :) <3

Alot of my mates use barends from their bikes. Wont fit every car but looks good and you can get different colours and pics on them.

try using a blow torch :)