Petition to sign if you would like to

Sarah18082005

Children born alive before 22 weeks are currently refused the chance of life saving treatment due to the low viability rates. The majority of these babies are classed as misscarraiges or still borns and their parents refused a birth certificates. We want the law changed to allow any child born that makes an attempt to surrive alone for at least 15 mins to be given treatment to help sustain life if the parents wish this for their child. We also propose that birth certificates be awarded to all children born alive regardless of gestation. The reason the stastics are not available for babies born before 22 week gestation is because they are not recorded unless parents fight for the certificate.

petition is here http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/justice4jayden/

this is not meant to offend or force views on anyone, just thought some may like to sign

you are totally entitled to your own opinions views on the topic

Edited by Sarah18082005

Oh i was not offended, its for scientific reasons not religious. Not to mention the cost. Premature births are estimated to cost the UK an extra £939m a year. Keeping a baby that young alive would put the NHS deeper in the crap than it already is. Teen mouthers are also much more likley to give birth prematurley before 37 weeks than a mouther over 20 years old and teen mums already cost an epic amount. You should not really put a price on a life but you have to put a price on a baby if much needed money is being drained away from potential healthcare for adults.

Sience will have a very hard time stopping premature births because the route cause of the problem is more the subcontious perception of the mother rather than a boilogical problem. Unfortunatlay it may be years before that sience filters down into the mainstream and even if it does it will not be excpted by mothers because they do not want to be held responsible for anything any more. Medical practice needs to take a paradigm shift before the problem can be sorted. Development inside the womb is critical it is far more than a pod for a baby to just get nutrient. I am totaly agains making it an exceptable practace to have a premature baby without the mouther or wider medical establashment understandng why its happening and how damageing it is to the childs development. I am not against saving lives but when the consaquences are more damaging than the proposed solution its hard to ignore. I will go finish opening my can of worms now :(

pretty horrendous, i've signed it, i'd rather the care and money went to a kid than some self inflicted fat, smoking eejit who's in for binge drinking et al. or NHS tourists (having worked in the NHS i know they EXIST! I wrote the reject letters for a few)

Understand your point of view tho, unheard, as you said it's your opinion, nowt wrong wi it. I would say tho the birth certificate thing should be the least they do, it's been born alive, how is it not entitled to one! ridiculous.

I hate mouthy teens.

As for the petition, I'm undecided. The birth certificate bit is fine, but I'm not sure about the treatment bit. Contentious issues.

IMO, I think quality of life should be taken into account.

I'd rather my child be allowed to die with dignity at however many minutes/hours/days old than to spend days/weeks/months/years reliant on the support of medication, equipment, surgery and the already strained NHS.

I'd rather those already limited resources be used to fund research & treatment for someone who stands a chance of living their life with some kind of quality of life.