***Feeler Y plate GTI, Low Miles***

DanSN117

Firstly, aplogies if this is in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it.

Im just trying to work out what my gti is worth:

Moon silver (LR7X) lupo GTI on 40k Miles.

Full VW Service history, although the previous owner kept NO reciepts for anything, it is something i have started doing.

Last service perfomed by an independant garage on 38k using only Genuine parts (reciept to proove it)

Ive put 5000 miles on it since i have owned it, this is going to heathrow and back every day.

Bad Points:

Usual stone chips

Lower front bumper WILL need a respray, i had to replace it recently and used rattlecans just so i could get it on, its starting to flake.

Central locking doesnt work, believe to be the drivers side door module.

Drives side door lock doesnt unlock, but locks.

scratch on rear passenger side arch and a crack in the rear numberplate recess.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Thats it really, so, what do you think its worth, what would YOU pay?

Dan

I think you'd have to take offers on 5.5k

tbh you'd be better off getting to work carried out and selling a mint example for more

unless you're lucky and find someone who doens't mind doing a little bit

edited

maybe a little high for a Y reg car

Edited by .Phase

Thanks for the reply.

Im tempted to do that, but i dunno if its worth the effort/time, because i imagine ill get back exactly what i spent on it.

Lol I'd try it as it is and if it doesn't sell for what you want fix it i've spent hundreds on mine in the last few months fixing all the little things to sell it and now it's sweet again I'm not sure i want rid anymore lol

if you get back what you spend on it that will be good

if you want to sell the car you will have to put some effort in

at least it will get snapped up quickly as a mint example than having to wait around for lots of viewers and test drives

Alright mate, I have been looking for a top example lupo for nearly 6months now, the special ones are few and far between.

Im sorry to say which ever delusioned person said 5.5k is just creating false hopes for you, despite your low milage, not many would want to spend that sort of money on a standard trim car. These are enthusiasts cars which is why the fetch so much money, which is also the downside as enthusiasts also want the best examples. A standard trim 5speed with your milage i would say you should accept any offers over 4,250 - particularly with those alloys on there, they are not horrific, but you are certainly narrowing your audience. You will get little interest if you advertise it at more than 5k.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the reply.

Im tempted to do that, but i dunno if its worth the effort/time, because i imagine ill get back exactly what i spent on it.

not meaning to sound abrupt here but thats the point mate:\ your not looking to profit on fixingit up, it should only be so you can sell it easier not formore!

and i agree with the above post, 5.5k is defo too high considering the expensive work that needs doing!

Wonder why the mods aint moved this to the for sale section...

I moved it from the For Sale Section as it's not for sale, only gathering opinions on what it's worth.

If the OP want to make it formally for sale I, or another delightful sole will move it back.

Love Uncle Silver!