VW muppets strike again

Max

Not stricly lupo chat but, my boss' golf went in for a service last week. There was nothing wrong with the car at this point.

After it came out, the fuse went in the window wipers. Then the radio stopped working. The battery went dead a numer of times. The engine shorted. The car has been taken back 3 times since and each time they say its something else. Each time its been 'fixed' he's collected the car and the batterys been dead.

Basically, it went in fine, and came out with some fairly serious electrical fault.

Also, the guy from VW is offering him money for the car, saying i'll buy it, and i'll pay for all the work to be done. WTF.

VW are refusing to take any responsibility, so where does my boss stand? Can he refuse to pay for it?

well, it seems like they dont know what the problem is. He paid £60 for some lab report detailing the problem. Only the next time the same problem happened, they said it was something else.

Its just the fact that the guy is offering money for the car which concerns me. Reckon hes gonna say it cost, say £1000, but it'll cost nothing if we sell to him.

The way I did it was to hire an independ expert enginnering witness to examine your car and produce a report. Then show it to 'you' dealrship from hell telling them what needs to be fixed.

As for all he money you (or your boss) spent already on numerous unsecessful attempts, expertise fees and ot top of that for free next service or money towards it (or some oter arrangement if you want to change your grage). If they do not do it write to head VW office manager (helpful to know his/hers name) and copy all your documents and reports. If they won't bent over backwards to accoade you go to press (first threaten with it) since they lately have extremely ****ty publicity and will do lots to avoid any more sewage being flogged in their direction.

I followed the exact tactics when I had problems with my Audi A3 and got what I wanted

i can sympathise with your boss max........whenever mine goes in for a service it comes back with about 300 more problems

latest is gearbox keeps crunching into 3rd AGAIN and she keeps threatening to cut out when idling

Don't get me wrong, I do take my motors to dealers for servicing but I explicitely tell them not to touch anything qithout my CLEAR approval. The only reason is to get the bl00dy stamp!

I know VW affectionado (really into car tinkering) whos caring hands look after my two VWs. When he changed and tuned up brakes on my missus Passat Estate I almost caused an accident the first time I went in. It brakes almost like `5-series` with uprated breakes and 250 rubbers, which I had a pleasure to take for some long spns (`de-catted` beast, you wouldn't belive the roar this thing makes.!