What car thread

sam bignell

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...icleRegLetter=T

What do people think of this? It's not for myself but my father!!!

He's sold his Merc and wanted a down grade/ older car as he feels all new cars are poor quality and built on a budget :lol: . So we went and saw this minter. Its completely original and mileage is backed up as well, the bloke who owns it currently is a bmw mechanic.

What do people think of the price? A checky offer of £3100-3200 will take it or £3500 with a service. What tends to go wrong with this era of 3 series?

Only down side is that this one needs a service, nothing else wrong at all. Not even a single stone chip in her!

Sam

Edited by sam bignell

They are a very good car. The rear springs have a tendancy to break but it only takes 10 minutes to replace them. The front outer ball joints can also wear but again they are very easy and cheap to replace. Other than that as long as they are serviced regulary they are pretty much bomb proof.

They are a very good car. The rear springs have a tendancy to break but it only takes 10 minutes to replace them. The front outer ball joints can also wear but again they are very easy and cheap to replace. Other than that as long as they are serviced regulary they are pretty much bomb proof.

Thats good to hear, my dad's pretty clued up on maintaince so i think I'll put down a deposit for him after talking prices with the chap!

Don't mind getting this one for him as his Merc i couldn't get insurance on, and this BMW is only group 13.

I need a big boot for a newquay trip in the summer. . . . . RWD FTW :swerve:

because there is a world wide credit crunch maybe?

He wouldn't shift on the price! So left him my number and a very cheeky offer of £2800

My dad's after something mint, low mileage and doesnt mind what as well. He's bit of a concourse git at heart :lol: .

He's after something German, I'm not sure what to suggest as he's totally open minded!

He doesnt want to spend more than £4,000 as some money from the Merc has gone to a brand new bike for the summer B) and has to be within max of 35 miles from Gl12 8SE.

what would you suggest?

Sam

Edited by sam bignell

Why can't you go further than 35 miles away?

Because he's tagged, cant leave a certain distane from the house :lol:

Being serious though, due to a family members current disabilities it's not very practical to go far.

Just going to have to wait and see what turns up in next couple of months

Sam