Career in Car Performance Modification

James_d89

Hi all, im looking for a job where i can work in a car modification shop, either on the shop floor, or in the garage of the shop.

Does any-one know of any good places like this?

I know of R-tec, which is my closest shop (hertfordshire) but they arent recruiting atm! :(

Any help is good!!!!

Cheers

James

As above really mate.

Now isnt the time.

But there is a real shortage of Apprentices in the Motor Trade.

Now is the time to start one, ready for this bad patch in the trade to start getting better agin.

You'd stand a better chance as a mechanic (so long as you don't become a fitter) to get into that area of the trade.

Good Luck though!

yeh, iv tryed apprenticeships before, but most of em say that they'd proffer some1 fresh outa school, so that they can train them fresh (even tho iv been to college and done a year, so i have basic knowledge!!!)

Iv tryed every car company possible!!! Most arnt interested :(

But will keep trying i guess!!

Cheers for the help.

James

As said, I'd imagine its not a great time, but if you are in a position to, you could approach some places for work experience; shows you're serious about a career and something to put on your cv.

Be persistent and stay positive.

Approach your local college and see what motor technician courses they offer. If you really want it you can then leave your current job and study full time and then leave college with the qualification.

You may even be able to 'study' part time and keep a part time job on - or even get a part time job in the trade, but it will obviously take longer to get to the end of the course.

We do the following courses at Perth so you will likely find similar locally:

VRQ Automotive Maintenance and Repair: Light Vehicle (City & Guilds 4101)

VRQ Automotive Body Repair and Paint Refinishing (City & Guilds 4101)

VRQ Technical Craft Practices: Motor Vehicle Engineering Level 1 (City & Guilds) (18 Weeks)

Good luck.