g60 steelies advice

Smithson

Well hopefully if i have my way and i get a VW, most likely a polo for first year, then lupo sport next year ;)

i'm wanting to have g60 steelies and i've been hearing round you can get them from the dealership for £120? then i see £160 etc etc..

just wanting to no the exact price please, plus the black centre caps.

then i can compare prices with the guy who is selling them on ebay for £140 and £20 p&p then £22 for centre caps, and see which ones are the best to get :)

also am i right in thinking 195/50 15 toyo t1r tires will fit them perfectly?

cheers in advance :rolleyes:

Edited by Smithson

ringe a few dealers and find out the prices a few minutes on the phone would resolve this,

Dam you common sense, if only everyone thought about doing that :D :D :D

rims are 357 601 025 m retail is around £40 each at the mo iirc

centre caps are 871 601 171 retail is around £5 each iirc

195/50s will fit, but will look terrible on them on a lupo - They are only 6j so 195/50s will balloon out!

I tried a pair of 195/45s on and they looked full crap.

You need 165/50s - Slight stretch but nothing unsafe, but its a look that suits the car.

195/50s will fit, but will look terrible on them on a lupo - They are only 6j so 195/50s will balloon out!

You need 165/50s - Slight stretch but nothing unsafe, but its a look that suits the car.

got any pics to compare 195's and 165's?

and at first they would be on a lupo, then next year on a lupo sport :P (me hopes)

someone else said they were 6.5j, but even if they are 6j the perfect size for the rim is 195 or 185, you can go upto 225/50/15(if they fit in the arches). 165/50/15 is the narrowest you can go.

so the 195/50/15 toyo will be perfect for the wheels. and probably for the polo aswell.

someone else said they were 6.5j, but even if they are 6j the perfect size for the rim is 195 or 185, you can go upto 225/50/15(if they fit in the arches). 165/50/15 is the narrowest you can go.

so the 195/50/15 toyo will be perfect for the wheels. and probably for the polo aswell.

thanks ;) i dont really want to stretch the tyres, my dad would go ape sh*t lol

so if i was to get 165/50s which kind would you recommend?

i noticed nankang do them but i remembered reading somewhere on the forum that there crap in the wet?

got G60's on mine defo get 165 50 bridgestones they have great grip pretty cheap on mytyres.co.uk not much of a stretch still within manufacture guidlines for this tyre i believe :)