Car Wraps

baz_79

Hi..

I have noticed a couple of topics about car wraps.. ie roof wraps etc..

Heres a few pics of my friends work.. Sticker FX

Seat Leon Race Car Wrapped in Water... With a Grass Roof!!!

Picturephone1158.jpg

Picturephone1277.jpg

RusssSeat.jpg

Porsche 911 Turbo - For The GunBall Rally

Picturephone1058.jpg

l_83272e31ee72f4e4144182e68c06de5f1.jpg

Ford Focus Ex WRC Car

Picturephone1079.jpg

1-006.jpg

Black BMW - Changed Colour!!

DarkSided32.jpg

Picturephone1182.jpg

Picturephone1183.jpg

d3TwinExhaustTips.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

He will wrap anything...

Comments Please..

Cheers Baz

A Roof ... From £100 + Vat Depending On Size, Design and Lammination.

Cars Vary.. Basically a Car Takes 2 days to get a perfect Job by 2 People + Materials.

thats good price.. how much for this on a loop ??

CamoMk47.jpg

Im Guessing around £100 + VAT

You Can also Change the colours of Army Print i Believe 2 ... ;)

thats even more interesting may be interested in that next month can you pm me a number and a name and where based ??

thank you

Edited by gilybob

they look good,

How much would he charge to wrap a long wheelbase mercedes sprinter van?

Lol...??

Slight Change in size!!

If i can remember i think he changed around £1300 + vat for the BMW?

It was i really good job 2.. Some wraps are glossier than others.. This BMW was really hard to tell the difference from paint.. Basically It was a tuning Company Testing Parts on the track and it was to protect the paint from stonechips..

I would have to ask him on a sprinter... Im guessing £2000 + Depending on Materials and Artwork i guess?

Currently it is a dull Yellow (used to be quite bright)

and I saw this and thought ooooh, but maybe a tad expensive just for le mans as it would have to be taken off afterwards as the guy needs to use it for work.

Wink its Pink ;) haha

I assume this doesn't damage the paint and is easily removable?

Good idea really - saw a Black GTA that has been wrapped in white, leaving the roof and mirrors black. Looked ace, at least in the pictures.

how much would it cost to wrap my loop its black at the minute but i want it white

Just had a word with him and he's given me the following advice and quotation..

£900 to wrap a lupo + the vat - The job will take 2 days for 2 people to get a perfect job with removal of handles etc.

Seams a lot but you pay for time served wrappers & quality of materials!!

To break it up..

2 Peoples labour @ £125 per day

White Wrap @ £200 - Metamark MD7

Clear Laminate @ £200 - Metaguard 900

Hope this helps

Baz

How is this stuff with regard to detailing? How do you look after it, just wash it?

A good Wrap will be laminated. This is a clear coat of vinyl applied through a laminator onto your wrap before application. The laminate is Just as expensive as the wrap material but the finish is a lot better.. Deep gloss shine ;) The laminate also stops the fading of the print when over time the wrap is pressure washed and any chemicals are used. You carnt polish the wrap but the laminate always keeps its shine anyways.. You just sponge over.. The laminate also helps when you come to removal.. If it isnt laminated it can come off in tiny bits!!

Ive tried to explain the best i can and ive only learned all this after watching my best bud jim @ sticker fx

Beware of cheap materials..!!! He has experimented with a number of products now.. Some of which come off over time and lift off etc..

You get what you pay for ;)

900seems not bad for the work thats put in but for a respray to the same degree itd brob be the same,

Totally aggree mate ;)

but.. when you come to sell your car not everyone wants to buy a car that has been painted a different colour..

This way you can turn your car back to the way it was to sell..

Might be quite interested in this, wheres the guy based?

Cheers

sticker fx is based in carlisle, cumbria but also travels down as far as chester.

Give him an email.. stickerfx@hotmail.com.. He's called Jim

He'll also do you artwork to give you some ideas im sure!!

Hope this helps baz

Thinking slightly differently...

Do they do totally clear wraps so that you can keep existing colour but protect the paint from chips etc? Also is the wrap stone chip resistant or it will get all torn on the front of the car and look rubbish very soon after fitting?

I know you are all going to say Ventureshield, Armourfend etc but they look rubbish as you can see the edges of the film along the panels and they dont look right compared to polished paint as they reflect differently. I have something similar on the sills of my Lotus and after 15,000 miles and extreme care it has yellowed and chipped from stones...complete cr@p.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

I do find these quite intriguing, more so to see how the paint will come out once its been taken off!

With regard to detailing them, by all accounts the good ones can be treated the same way as normal paint. Have heard you can machine polishe and wax them like normal. Also seen that you can also inflict swirl marks and scratches in the same way you can on paint too.