aaaaaarr, lupo's been in a bump

richdavs

well, 2 moths ago i picked up my lovely silver gti. 05plate with only 4000miles.

it was an absolute minter, not a scratch and looked like the day it came out of the factory. and with a 4hour clean every friday afternoon without fail, still looked like this now, until last night.

was abit hungry so thought id pop out to the chippy, as you do, so i parked up in the carpark opposite, carefully choosing the best space (theres an art to finding the right spot lol) but looks like i choose the wrong one this time.

as i came out of the chippy, i walked into carpark 2 see a mitsubishi l200 warrior reversing towards my car. i thought to myself he aint going to stop and then i heard it... crunch.

been into vw 2day and they looked at it. front bumper bent and cracked and pushed up, wing bent in and pushed out about 10mm, main beam light smashed, carrier for raddiator fan bent, some other bracket or sumthin bent.

but im gonna take his insurance for all i can, brand new everything, even if it could be easily fixed i want a brand new one, and vw have said they will do this

so bit p***ed off but oh well, it'll get sorted

rich

Whats the chances they dont even go offroad in it! If theyd have had an estate like any normal person it more than likely wouldnt have happened

Sucks dude

Good luck, get all you can from 'em.

what must have cost a fortune, the car or the damage.

car was 8500

damage, well i took it to vw but theres now bodyshop there so not a proper figure, but they looked and said with new parts, spraying and labour, will be about 1500. but if bodyshop have a proper look they might find more damage below the surface. but at least i know everything that is even slightly damaged will be replaced with new. and i know it will because i know a couple of the chaps quite well

na didnt even scratch his, just knocked the dirt off lol. he had a big chrome rear bumper bar thing so that did quite abit of damage to mine.

thing that p**s's me off, is it wernt even my fault at all. i was parked up, not even in the car. i no things like that happen but im gutted.

aint really had the best of weeks anyway. split up with the misses after 3 years on sunday, that happened yesterday, what next lol its friday the 13th friday lol