Polo GTI 6n2 BBS RX2's...fit ok on a Lupo GTI?

dan_mk1

I have a set which i tried on with no problems, 15" 195/45/15,

In my honest opinion they dont suit the lupo like the standard wheels do.

btw 16" in 4x100 are hard to get hold of thats why I have both 4x100 15" & 5x100 16"..

Edited by mat.m.

Well the set I have on my car have RS772 stamped on the back, leading me to beleive they are in fact RS772s. Maybe they were released for public sale too, and those were RXIIs?

The Polo GTI rims which are 15" will sit further in the arches than the Lupo GTI rims as they are narrower.

16" versions are rare and came from the Golf..............also most 16" rims will need 195/40/16 tyres if you dont want scrubbing on full lock

The Polo GTI rims which are 15" will sit further in the arches than the Lupo GTI rims as they are narrower.

16" versions are rare and came from the Golf..............also most 16" rims will need 195/40/16 tyres if you dont want scrubbing on full lock

dont mean to hi jack.i got a set of 16" rx2 with my polo gti i just bought and theyr 4x100 cant seem to find anything about them :S i was looking to sell them and buy a set of standard 15's for insurance purposes but dont know what theyr worth....

also they have 205/45/16 tyres thats the same width as the lupos standard tyres so are the 16's wider than the standard 15 inch rx2's?

cheers

No idea on cost, and the wheels come from the Mk3 Golf......unsure what version but think the Cab.

NOTE: The tyres you have may be the same width, but the profile of 45 is too big for the Lupo. I had 205/40/16 and they still rubbed on full lock and changed them to 195/40/16 in the end and never looked back. (45..40...etc is the percentage of the width for the tyre wall height)

Back to the topic in question :)