Bonnet Won't Open!

Stu_1.0

from what he's typed i think its not opening at all , get someone to push down on the bonnet as you pull the lever.

is the cable still attached to the lever ?

could possibly get at it through the grille and manually operate the 'pop' catch

not alot of room on arosa grilles though

mk1 or mk2 arosa ?

best bet is to remove the release handle, if the cable is disconnected at the handle=end then it'll be obvious

give it a tug and it should pop the release mech

if this fails try and spot the release mech through the grille

use a set of pliers and pull it towards you

the mech is a round thing

lie underneath the car, head and shoulder under bumper drivers side see if you can reach up and feel for the bonnet cable around the top of drivers side light area or use a torch you may be able to pull the cable from there.

I had the same problem with mine, I pulled the handle inside the car and it didnt do anything. What I eventually had to do was pull the grill out undo the bolts that hold the bonnet catch and pull the bonnet up that way. The reason why it wouldnt open was the bit that joins the cables together (its on the lefthand side of the engine, a black tubular clip) had poped open so the cable wouldnt pull properly. I broke some clips on the grill taking it off but I thought it would be better than chopping the bonnet up.

Hope this helps and good look with it.

I had the same problem with mine, I pulled the handle inside the car and it didnt do anything. What I eventually had to do was pull the grill out undo the bolts that hold the bonnet catch and pull the bonnet up that way. The reason why it wouldnt open was the bit that joins the cables together (its on the lefthand side of the engine, a black tubular clip) had poped open so the cable wouldnt pull properly. I broke some clips on the grill taking it off but I thought it would be better than chopping the bonnet up.

Hope this helps and good look with it.

That was exactly the problem! Took a while to figure it out though. Thanks alot.

And thanks to the guy for posting the picture!