Loop Sport Starting Problems

James_d89

Hey there, my loop Sport is starting to play up a bit, its a W reg.

Sometimes and most of the time, it starts up fine, but every once in a while, the engine turns over, but it doesnt actually start running properly. I pump the accelorator abit, and then it kind of kicks into life sort of, and mumbles and struggles, as i pump the pedal. It makes a kind of choking, bubbling sound??

Then it all kicks into life, and revs really high (because iv pumped the pedal) and settles down, and drives normaly!

Any remadies?! or thorts?

Please Help

Thanks

James

im not sure but if you decide sum how that the lupo is going to die and strip the lupo and sell for parts... :)

ill have the front bumper, bonnet, n/s wing, grille, grille surround, radiator, head lamps, front indicators, front panel, bumper reinforcment bar :P

lol

My old lupo sport did this, but it only did it from cold and only when i drove it a very short distance!

It turned out to be the coolant temp sensor, mine was a 2000 model year and soon as it was replaced it was fine.

It may not be that but its a common problem on most VW's! It caused my skoda fabia not to start at all! They only cost about £12.

If that dont cure it then it could be crank or cam position sensor but a diagnostic scan will probably show them up!

Luke

Edited by VWR Lupo

Could also be the obvious things like plugs, leads, coil pack

I was asuming the obvious things had been checked and the vehicle has been serviced!

As ive said a diagnostic scan may show up somthing, coolant temp sensor don't alway bring up a fault code!

I think its still worth changing the coolant temp sensor as they are a well know fault!

I was asuming the obvious things had been checked and the vehicle has been serviced!

As ive said a diagnostic scan may show up somthing, coolant temp sensor don't alway bring up a fault code!

I think its still worth changing the coolant temp sensor as they are a well know fault!

Yeh yeh, its been serviced, and has a FSH, and everything is good, has new pads, new oil al the obvius!

And yeh deffinaty; going to change the sensor now, esspesially if its a common fault, and its pritty cheap and an easy job!

Cheers for all the advice! Its really helped me what to look for!

James