Lupo Sport prices Expensive??

grant

Hi guys im new on here, im on the look out for a wee lupo sport but i cant get over what people seem to be advertising them for.

According to parkers online a 2003 in good condition with milage of around 50 000 should be worth £2725ish. Or a 2000/2001 with say 70 000 should fetch around 1700-1800 which sounds about right to me but looking in the for sale section on here people are asking a fair bit more??

Ideally id like to pend 2000 tops but everything seems waay out of my price range?

Opinions please!

Grant

had a look on wise buyers website and they quote less for a 03 lupo than parkers.

they seem an awful lot of money for what they are going buy the prices people advertise them for but i suppose i'l just have to sit tight and wait fpr the right one to come up. mibbie the credit crunch will work in my favour in time to come lol.

grant

I paid £3,750 for mine back in May with about 37k on the clock which at the time was the right price.

Since the car market has gone t!ts up, Parkers have knocked almost a grand of their book prices for them. On here you'll be looking that better than average examples IMO. :)

When I was looking for my GTI prices seemed to be @ £1000 more than Parkers in 'real-life'.

That said I used Parkers values to hammer the price down on the car I bought by £1500

I did likewise when I bought my Sport - you just need to be cheeky and you will get a good deal. Asking prices are only that.

i was the same mate... was waiting a month before mine popped up, £1700 i paid, you just have to wait.

i was looking on pistonheads, autotrader, here and ebay everyday.. then you have to barter, feed them aload of bull and you got yourself a bargain :) lol

parkers prices are way out

reason sports and gti's hold their prices more than hwhat book prices are is becuase of rarity and demand tbh took me agood while to find a sport near me for sale, and there was more gti's on auato trader than sports at the time! which was weird

If you hold out you'll find the right car for you at the right price.

I always seem to think its kinda fate with cars. You end up with the right one for you. I was searching for Lupos in general, wasn't after one particular model. Then found the one I have now about 4 miles from my house exactly as I'd have wanted it. :)