Throttle body issues?!

xbabygx

Helloooooooooo,

My car is very poorly and i don't like it lol i am having throttle body issues, i am lacking lots of power in 3rd/4th gear, (bearing in mind i have a 1.4 16V) so i'm used to feeling it fly past people, but i put my foot down to over take someone (in 4th doing just over 40mph) and it just creeped up in revs and speed very slowly (which its never done before), i had it all cleaned out and re-programmed in VW about 3/4 weeks ago because it got into the habit of jerking and lacking power for about .5 of a second then going again (at all diff speeds) so i thought id remieded that but obv i havent, the only solution i can think is a new throttle body bit its SO expensive, has anyone else had any issues like this? :blink: If so, what did u do?

Thanks muchly :rolleyes:

Edited by xbabygx

Ive heard of a few people having problems and they`ve never cured it totally, might be best to get a new one or go to a scrappers. If i remember rightly DM German Spares in accrington had a 1.4 16V in last week, you could try giving them a call.

the throttle body needs to be programmed to the car so it would be easier if i could fit it myself but i'm going to have to go to a VW garage

the throttle body needs to be programmed to the car so it would be easier if i could fit it myself but i'm going to have to go to a VW garage

I had problems with my throttle body a few weeks back, lost a little power (1.4 16v sport) and engine management light came on. I also have a bmc cda induction kit and thought this could have been the problem.

I took it all apart and the filter was fine but the throttle body was a little dirty. I bought some carb/throttle body cleaner from halfords for about £3 and used it as prescribed, and it seems to have worked fine!

Good luck!

Tried that, left it for 2 days for VW to clean it all out and flush it through and re-program it but the problem has come back, but thanks :)

Edited by xbabygx

it needs a new one, ive been avoiding the idea, but i cant keep driving it the way it is :(:( poor brum brum :( lol

My brother used to work for VW and he informed me because it runs electronically (ie not on an old throttle cable) then it has to be programmed apparently

Its only becuase if you take the body off and put it back on with the butterfly in a different poisition the ECU has to learn that position.

Its a 5 min job with vag-com but i dont think thats your problem...

Well what else could it be? that controls the fuel and air mixture, and when put on the machine the only thing showing an issue is the throttle body