Clock prob in lupo

That's very weird. I can't see any reason for that, since it appears that the instrument cluster is still receiving power.

Trouble is, I don't think the instrument panels can be disassembled (well, they can, but not in a way that they can be put back together again), so if it's internal to the panel, you'd need a new one. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I can tell you how to remove it from the car - I've never seen instructions on how to take it apart, so you're on your own!

To remove it from the car, you need to remove the cowl - instructions in the second post here. From then on it should be obvious how to get the cluster out - just be careful with the two connectors on the back, you need to release the clips that hold them in, before pulling them out.

I'd recommend disconnecting the battery before doing this - certainly, whatever you do, don't start the car or even put the key in the ignition with the cluster removed or not firmly plugged in, or you'll get an airbag warning light, which will need resetting. (Dealer or `VAG-COM` job)

sound, cheers for that but doesnt look like ill need to do that now as its not loosing time atall now :?

Another prob the radio is loosing its presets thouhght it wasnt (not my car) but i think that because some monkey has wired it incorectly theres a perm live (yellow) going into a live (red) and vice versa, ive changed them around which kinda helped . whats happening is its staying on without the key in the igntion and my mum has left the front of the radio on for nearly a week which has drainned the batt so would like to rewire it so that when the key is outta of the ignition the radio turns off.

at the mo `yell-red`, `red-yellow` the stereo works with no key so i changed it to `yell-yell`, `red-red` and now the stereo buttons light up when the key is out of the igntion but will not work.

the stereo isnt a vw one alpine one fitted by previous owner, i have noticed that theres a live wire going somewhere not sure where must be to the fuse box or the board, whats it called :roll:

anyone any ideas about this

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />