GTI remap

zippy

Finally got the car done today.

As expected, there was no dramatic increase in power - the curve stayed almost the same, with increases of `3-4` bhp in areas.

Peak Power is now 135.4 BHP @ 6500 RPM.

But, the torque is loads better at low revs - up around 10% at 2000 RPM.

I've added the Torque curve below, no scanner, so its from a phone photo, Picture39.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

£411... so if I'm spending that much, be as well get some extra tuning to make the most of it.

I aint into big exhausts & induction kits, I really like the idea of invisible tuning, & keeping the GTI looking standard, as thats how I really like it! So P&P, maybe cams too in the future!

114lb/ft torque?!?

pathetic laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cool though, I take it that the colours on the graph are swapped?

I know what I meant, even if I didnt spit the words out right...

Its meant to put out 124 bhp from factory yeah?

I meant it was good that it was actually above that on most the loop gti's we've seen RR'd.

Make more sense?

I'm well aware the Honda Vtec 1.6's can get like 167 BHP, but when they're tested, they aint likel to be above the advertised power from factory.

The reason the GTi isnt putting out as much power as a Honda 1.6 (namely the VTI engine) is that the vvt is only on the inlet cam whereas if the vvt was on both inlet and exhaust cams then the power would be around the 160 bhp mark

Now that would be a nice healthy figure straight from the factory.

the vvt on the gti does nutting to increase power, it was put on for emissions, i think it gives it a bit more torque ?

same as the 20v , but a few of the 20v heads cant remember wich code, does has vvt wich makes a difference in power

so ive heard

wow nice to see that you have got it done in the end

i like the torque curve the chip has given out

made a massive difference but the power is a bit poo

but on the road torque is the one you need the most so i guess its all good

£411 is a big kick in the wallet

i going to consider it........whats so different about this remap to say erm a superchip?

It's customised to the mods that you have on the car, rather than just being a generic new set of tables that don't take into account the individual characteristics of the engine.

And of course, us GTI owners with `glue-filled` ECUs can't use a superchip.

I know £411 is steep (its effing vertical for 4BHP)...

But I hate big noisy zorsts & induction kits, & like the idea of hidden tuning.

Anyhows, its made it so much better to drive that I'm really starting to think its been worth the money!

Got over 120 miles from less than half a tank, a huge improvement on fuel economy!