egr valve

I'm not sure but mine is giving me a major headache atm! I keep getting a fault code on Vagcom saying the signal for mine is too low, so I've had the whole thing replaced, which has done nothing for me! I still get the same fault code and the light is still on! The EGR valve controls part of the emission though, does that not cause problems if you remove it?

Lauryn

The cooling effect is just to stop the production of nitrogen oxide nothing to do with protecting the engine.

It has no negative effect to the engine other than confusing the ECU and showing an error when disconected.

On my sport i tried disconnecting it but my mpg went way down. It did feel much better though but when ever an

error code comes on in my car it always it use more fuel. All i can think is that it puts the car into open loop mode.

My dad use do run his 406 diesel without the EGR as he got huge gain in power and MPG. It passed with very low

emissions on its twice yearly inspections.

I'm not sure but mine is giving me a major headache atm! I keep getting a fault code on Vagcom saying the signal for mine is too low, so I've had the whole thing replaced, which has done nothing for me! I still get the same fault code and the light is still on! The EGR valve controls part of the emission though, does that not cause problems if you remove it?

Lauryn

I have a similar problem to Lauryn with my skoda fabia 1.4 16v and i have been told its a softwear problem and all it needs is a update on the adaption settings and it should be fine!

Same thing may apply to your car, its worth looking into!

Hopefully im getting the skoda sorted next week so i will let you know the outcome!

Whenever you change an EGR Valve you are supposed to update to the latest controller software to avoid errors.

Says so on the Pierburg website...the company that makes the EGR Valve.

Thats somthing i didnt know lol, will have to nick the VCDS lead from work and sort out the adaptions.