error code and diagnostics

Hi all, my engine lights been coming on ive had the diagnostics read and 1 machine read "catalyst effiency below threshold bank 1" and then another machine came up with the error code "16804 catalyst defective". Ive done a search and this just confuesed me (its not like i do this everyday lol). Now im pretty sure its not the cat because this was only put on 3 months ago, so im thinking it may be the lamba sensors but ive had this on the live data and they are fluctuating(does this mean there fine?), and if it was the lamba sensor wouldn`t it bring up another code? any help would be great.

when a lamba sensor goes on most lupos it doesnt just cut out and stop, the problem will be intermitent, meaning sometimes it would work, hence why your light comes and goes, a new 1 is around £80 trade not sure about retail, there pricey cos there titanium, its most problery the 1 nearer the front that you can see from the engine bay. 22m spanner i tink lool

when a lamba sensor goes on most lupos it doesnt just cut out and stop, the problem will be intermitent, meaning sometimes it would work, hence why your light comes and goes, a new 1 is around £80 trade not sure about retail, there pricey cos there titanium, its most problery the 1 nearer the front that you can see from the engine bay. 22m spanner i tink lool

ok thanks for reply, if it was the lamba wouldent it bring a seperate code up.

• 2 weeks later...

How many lambda sensor in lupo?? only one on manifold?

I heard some other cars have another one near cat, does lupo has that one?

Thanks

How many lambda sensor in lupo?? only one on manifold?

I heard some other cars have another one near cat, does lupo has that one?

Thanks

There are 2 mate precat and postcat. Ive had it on the cat tester and the front lambda is fine as is the cat, cleaned the postcat and it hasn`t come back yet.

if any problem comes up with cat efficiency it will be probe after cat as this is the one used to check if cat is working

hes right, chances are cus u ad it changed the old sensor was used to reading the old cat the change cud have made it pissy. did a service ona ford ka, plugs etc lamda senor code popped up as everything was new n fresh when the girl took it home.another 20bucks pluggin to clear the code lovly ta ;)