Miles...Do they matter?

Picola

Well it has service history, is 1450, and is pretty damn clean. Oo and yellow too.

I want my feckin car to just go now,

And Ive learnt that miles dont bother as much as i thought. And I'll just be running it into the ground anyway probs.

That seems fairly cheap. As you said before, you travel a lot so it seems a good idea. Even if you keep it for a while and you sell it again cheaply!!

with derv 100,000 is not much were as on a petrol car it is. I don't know why be derv's are much better at high miles.

you need to find out were most of the miles have been put on, if motorway cruising miles and it has full history and it drives well on a test then go for it. If not give it a damn good test drive if your not happy with somthing walk away. I have seen many sdi's on sale recently so you will find another quite quick.

Only one thing the sdi is about as powerful as the 1.0 it's got more toque though

diesels do higher miles due to engine only turning half the revs at a given speed compared with petrol,

more durable also as have to cope with higher combustion pressures,

go for it my sdi has done 110000 no problem and still going strong,.

great little car

you will not be dissapionted

i don't think high mileage matters as much as it used to. when i see a high mileage car, the thing that most concerns me is always the state of the interior and bodywork.

motorway miles aren't so bad compared to someone who's used the car for short runs. backed up with service history, there shouldn't be much of a problem. problems don't arise solely in cars that have been round the clock...

Edited by wheels

Cars registered from 2001 onwards (check this as it might even be month dependent) are taxed on their emissions. The sdi and the tdi Loop are both under the 120 limit, therefore cost £35 per annum to tax. If you buy an earlier sdi, the taxation is based on engine size and the sdi engine is 1700 cc so will be in the higher of the two bands which is £185 (I think).

This is very true. I was out by a Month (I think) for qualifying for £35 tax, instead it's £185 for the SDI because its that bit older. :(