Me looking for an arosa

Peterhamilton

hey up, VW and SEAT lads and ladies.

been looking for a new car and think the seat arosa's are cool funky cars...

been looking for a 1.4 TDI one and last night i had a test drive. really liked it, my last car was a Fiesta Zetec S so it didn't feel as quick but when the turbo comes in its a really soothing push to the back of the seat. and i've heard a re-map will nock a fair bit more out of them...

so basically im after the amazing MPG and cheap tax. just to get around. might get some mods on there too...

anything you can say about them will help so feel free and i encorage you to mention pro's and cons or what not. cheers

Just after I had my TDi remapped I went in a Zetec S with a manifold and de-cat, the power of the two cars is similar-ish, but they deliver it in totally different ways. The Zetec S needs thrashing to get the best from it, which is rewarding if you're in the mood, but with the TDi the power is there all the time, and right when you need it - for overtaking etc. It's the torque that makes the TDi feel faster.

not sure if this affects the tdi models, but beware of PEDAL BOXES

mine has failed twice in 3 months!!!!!!!!

It doesn't affect TDi models (or the GTi for that matter).

Well i bet its bronze too?

Seen your from north east too, think i seen a bronze one advertised, looks good.

Ive got a TDI, Had mine remapped from custom code for £246 quid at the door, they come out in the van. Power is now better but the revs dont run out as quick which is much better.

Love mine and ive just renewed my tax which was a JOY haha :)

nice yeah near buy. and you won't of seem me in it haha. not baught on/it yet. going for a second look on sunday and fingers crossed a purchase:)

was dark the first time i went still obviously had a good look round and that. took it for a spin. a joy to drive to be honesrt. can't remember much of the interia, dials, heating control, and so on. anyone want to mention what its got breifly? any cool cubbie holes or funky stuff like that. nothing better than finding a cool cubbie hole i say haha :)

There are quite a few of us TDI ownered from the northeast it seems!

Its on the Yorkshire moores ... somewhere! Over towards the buttertubs, i can't remember exactly, it was taken a couple of years ago now!

You wont be dissapointed with the TDi though, i love my cars engine, its nippy, but not quick enough to get you into serious trouble :lol: Plus the MPG and low tax are a pretty good bonus too.

Im from hartlepool.

All Arosa TDis are the 'S' spec.

Mine is a mk2 phase1, meaning it has the light interior, NO ABS and NO passenger air bag.

My 1.0S is a mk2 phase2, so has the bit extra kit, but still doesnt have ABS being the 1.0 model.

Late TDis (which are rare as they were stopped production in 2003) are the mk2 phase2 models, which have a dark interior, two airbags, cd player and ABS. Although i think ABS was an option on earlier models.

(BTW, its the same for lupos, Lupo TDis dont have ABS, unless its a late model, say mid 2003 onwards when it became law)

I nearly didnt buy mine because it didnt have ABS, but thankfully ive never needed it! :lol: but then its like an airbag, you only need it in an emergency, and then your glad to have it!

Edited by cardaft

Not sure on price, could be anywhere from £80 - £150 maybe, depending on bodyshops. Although im not a fan of the fully coloured look, at one point it was the done thing, now everyone wants black!

Unless of course your planning on fully smoothing the bumpers.

Its a pretty good area for meets this, there are often section5.net meets at the baltic and a couple of CL meets there too. We often have a couple of drive out meets/weekends too, which im informed are good fun ;)