Awesome GTI rolling road day

AwesomeAl

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for organising Al, good day had by all I think :)

Just analysing the RR results now. I've sent you a PM Al :)

No problems man, PM Right back at ya.

I was happy with that, alot better than last time, i'm actually running close to standard.

Good stuff :) If anything today would have read slightly under what it would normally read out anyway due to an abnormally low atmospheric pressure.

Obviously this only affects Naturally aspirated engines.

had a great time guys and im glad i got the car dyno'ed as i can finally sort it out properly! next time im gonna try and beat Al's,or atleast beat his torque levels,i was only 25-30 odd NM torque behind ya and im coming to getcha! hehe

I'd best get that front mount and hybrid turbo ordered... lol

Nah seriously, I think my gearbox is pretty much pushed to its limit really...

A bigger turbo and a front mount would help give it more bhp, but I don't think I'd get any more torque out of it.

Every quick FWD car should have a diff, makes a massive difference.

Put my RR graph here:

http://www.clublupo.co.uk/GTA/GTAdyno.JPG

270bhp ATW - something wasn't quite right with the drivetrain losses as its only 8%, I've been told it should be at least 15%, which gives me a bottom figure of 317bhp, not bad :)

Why is everyones drivetrain losses so low?

I mean, assuming ATW power is correct in all cases, and taking into account a 15% drivetrain loss (although I understand it varies on all cars) then Vinny is running 145bhp@fly, IDGM is running 195bhp, Foxy is running 155bhp.

Al told me the the Dyno Tech said atmospheric pressure was low, which is fair enough, but the figures confuse my head :P

Everyones drivetrain losses are not so low... Take a look at other rolling road graphs on our site: http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/page.php?xPage=rollingroad.html

Twin roller rolling roads read a lower wheel power and over correct to give the engine power. Hense why most rolling roads the drivetrain loss is 15% ish

However on ours there is only one roller, which gives half the resistance, thus half the amount of power lost through the transmission.

As said in my PM to you, Figures for N/A Cars will have been down slightly due to the atmospheric pressure being fairly low.

Also Different rollers calculate the engine power differently and read the wheel power differently.

Edited by AwesomeAl

I suffered from too much torque this morning. Even tried setting off in third and it just spun.

Yeah I had a few issued this morning. Because of the hill I have to get up to get onto the main road, It was physically impossible to drive up it so I had to slide back down the distance I'd managed and back into my driveway for a short while this morning.

Nightmare... lol

mines is a lupo :blush: well nearly

Yours is an original Lupo!

I've got a question about something I noticed about my plot. The curves are set against MPH rather than RPM. Any reason why that is?

Edited by IDGM

Yours is an original Lupo!

I've got a question about something I noticed about my plot. The curves are set against MPH rather than RPM. Any reason why that is?

Must have just been selected wrong when the Image was made. Nothing to worry about.