Some things are never as easy as they should be...

bossjohnc

Picked my loop up today, so far so good, wonderful paint job as far as I can see, although I'm yet to try it under a street lamp. Small issue with a seal (not the clapping balancing ball on nose kind) but that was dealt with in 5 mins while I was there.

Drove away well pleased and grinning ear to ear again biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

However, on getting back in to the car to go home this evening, I noticed that a monster gash has been taken out of one of the Bathursts, and there's a funny sheen over the windsheild. Hoping whatever it is on the windscreen will come off with a bit of elbow grease (have a feeling it's laquer) and hope they'll be reasonable about the gouge on the wheel.

I've also noticed that the starter motor is way slower than usual - thinking that they must have run the battery down somehow whilst it was in :cry:

Oh well, we're nearly there, just gotta get it fully sorted.

demand they replace the wheel mate, tell them you have a full high res pic of the side of the car before it went in there, Im sure they'll sort it to save face... then contact your insurance and let them put pressure on them.

I know - couldn't believe it, looked all over the side the work had been done and didn't look much at the other side. D'oh! Forgot the first rule of picking yer car up.

Edit: No, no extra miles on the clock smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I did the same mate, the plastic that covers the screw holes on the engine cover are missing, all the bolts are corroded, and they have ripped out the power cable that goes to my headunit.

lovely persons

Cool, used a bit of the obi wan force and they're going to fix the wheel up for me.

Well pleased. If anyone needs any bodywork done, Abridge VW (Loughton) are a thumbs up from me - that's for the actual paint job which is flawless as far as I can see.