Alton Towers again!!!

bossjohnc

The weekend we're visiting will be the 15/16/17th October, this will be a superb weekend, and I think I know a way of doing it fairly cheaply. Generally B&Bs will cost between 25 and 30 quid a night, and 1 days entry to the towers will be about £27... however...

I know of a self catering establishment, which is a fully detached building that we can hire out - if there are 10 of us it should work out as about £20 per night.

The plan would be to arrive as and when on Friday, and go and get sloshed in the local pubs (of which there are many within walking distance). I know of a couple that are likely to open late as well.

Saturday, get up bright and early and go to the towers - if we're early we can go on loads of rides while other people are queueing. There's loads to do in the park, so it should be a good day. We have the additional benefit of it not being in the summer holidays, and being the weekend before the fireworks it should be relatively quiet.

Saturday night can either be a repeat of the night before, or we can cook our own food and get sloshed on cans/bottles.

We can have a wander round or just leave on Sunday whenever we want. There's a karting event that's been organised not too far away that we can go to in the afternoon.

To get around the high price of entry (£27), there are two possible routes... there may be some discounted tickets available, OR we can use Nectar points. If you have any, KEEP THEM!! I recon entry will cost 2000 points, or you can get a tenner off with 1000 points. 2000 points would normally buy you £10 quids worth of shopping in Sainsburys.

Register your interest in this post!! Beds are limited, but there's lots of floor space if you've got an inflatable mattress!! (think there are about 12 beds).

Deposits Paid

John + Ruth

Ross

Fran + Extra

Andi + Emma

Sarah

Paulbin + Extra

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, what a weekend!

Me and Emma are in!

One large bed please young sir!

Can we please hire that building out though, that would be alot better than a bed and breakfast!

If theres twelve of us, Im sure between us Im sure we wont stave without getting up at 3am to goi down for breakfast and to leave the room!

Top weekend John, look forward to it!

1.Fran (will speak to 50 see if hes interested)

2.Tigz & Silverlupo (leaveing the dog at home...)

Yeah we can do it first come first served for beds!! (note - I was first!!)

Another thing I forgot to mention - the place is about 500 yards from the towers. Gonna make sure it's free and possibly book it tomorrow!

Book it John, I'll pay you at Trax.

Can we not see if we can get a discount at Towers, email them and tell them, we will put a pic of us outside the sign on here for exchange for cheep tickets? lol

Me too, really got the bug for Roller coasters after Blackpool, never liked them very much before!

Anyway, been late for work every day this week, so jumping in the shower, then off to bed..nite all.

i get 20% discount off tickets through work, not sure if its peak/off peak though

the latest i can leave it to book is 5 days before we go. so definate numbers and stuff will be needed - think the most expensive ticket works out at £22.50 or somethin like that.

Count me in & my bro

not to sure on accomidation might have to source my own if my little bro comes

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

will keep you informed

hehehe if max comes we can all make sure he drinks too much the night before and throw him on a rollercoaster and see if he is actually sick this time laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Oh ballcocks!!!

Just heard back from the stables - they're already booked for that weekend!!!! AAAARGGHH!!!!

They're actually free the weekend prior - but that means no fireworks. Park will be a lot less busy though....

What do people think???? If you let me know it's ok asap I'll book it!!

(That's 15/16/17 Oct)

Right, ok - ******. I'm going to check and see if the weekend after is free too, as that's also a fireworks night. Either way, we will go ahead!

Huge apologies to Paul - you'll have to change the hotel booking!!!

Edit:

Nope - they're the only days free in Oct - so it's that or nothing. I'll get it booked biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

OK It's booked!!

£40 / per person for the weekend will pay for lodging and also a bit of food (as it's actually slightly less than £40).

I'll make the booking - if you see me before the weekend a tenner deposit will firmly secure your place biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I can see this being a chalanger of turning out to be a real great meet... last one is gonna take some doing, but 12+ of us in a shared house for the weekend... gonna be eventful! lol

Just a money saving tip for u.... just been on an Alton Towers b'day treat on Thurs and got tickets for 15 squids each at lastminute.com!! Bargains galore! Didn't have to queue at the entry bit either cos we got our tickets off the man near the monorail! And it wasn't a last minute booking. Booked it, packed it, ****ed off!!

http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/...RODID=379675016

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />