1.4 sport engine in a 1.0??

bellroy

We did a 1.0L - 1.4L conversion but it wasn't a Sport engine. I can't imagine it'll be to much different other than the exhaust. Just make sure you have all the wiring, clocks, engine, box, key and transponder.

I did an AFH conversion and the wiring and Drivers side engine mount were a right pig. It has been worth it because the chassis was already race prepped - didn't have to start from scratch.

The mount didn't line up so i had to slice it - offset it - plate it and then reinforce it.

As for keys etc I'd just bypass the black box (removed mine). Theives know about them and how to do it so if its not there it'll confuse them. Plus your more likely to be jacked than the car be stolen.

Edited by racerkart

Why not? :coffee:

Because there's no point in making something that already exists.

Especially, when it would cost more to do so than simply buying what is already there.

NOCK

Do it, I say! There is a guy selling engine/gearbox on here at the moment, wouldnt be that much of a mission to slot in. 1.8 T is a good swap in, but lots more work.

Yeah but AFH doesn't come out of a Lupo so its going to be a chew on compared to a Sport engine.

This is true - very true - but they look so much s*xyah than the other 1.4 16v's even the 1.6 GTIs (i think - may need to check the cam covers on vagcat)