Bootlid light

the bloody thing keeps coming on and setting the alarm off, really pissing me off

anyone else had this ?

i left my car outside, in the rain, and i think the lock has got wet (holds the switch) the light doesnt stay on all the time but rather comes on after a minute or two once you have closed the bootlid. It starts off with a dull glow and gets brighter.

I noticed this when driving home, so i stopped + closed it, thinking i left the boot open .. . carried on driving and again it came on, after slamming the lid a couple times the penny dropped and i realised its fubared

OK I've calmed down now! happened to me when I first got the car as well! I live on a big hill and usually the lupo is outside facing down the hill(have to learn to leave it facing up the hill when a monsoon appears!) Last time I took the plastic trim off, dried the locking mechanism area with a towel and then used a hair drier in the sam earea just to make sure! After that it has been fine until tonights downpour!

Funnily enough first time it happened I was steaming as well and I think the first time I looked about this forum was to try and find info about what was wrong!!!

all fixed, well i havnt heard the alarm and its 23:07 and i fixed it at 19:00 this evening

just took the lock out and gave it a good clean, as it was wet, still dont know how it got wet though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

How the water is getting into my bootlock is through the top of the window as I occasionally see a very faint trickle of water coming down the middle of the glass on the inside! I think it has been caused by screen wash from the sprayer sitting in the recessed bit of the seal above the window, eating away at it and then allowing rain to get in when it pishes down! It happened on my Polo as well!

aha! I get the trickle too - fortunately not had the alarm yet.

I told VW about the leak and that it happened when I wash my back screen. They carried out some tests which consisted of leaving a running hosepipe on the roof for 3 hours. :roll: :?

Hmm - scientific! I'm just going to get some clear silicon gel and run it along the inside of the top of the window! If I can get a decent enough thin nozzle you'll never know it's there as it'll be hidden by the metal that overlaps the window!!

Must be a generic VW thing with the cars with vertical back windows - and I bet the bar stewards know about it as well!