Make Dream Car Go Faster

Gnomonic

Hi all, first time poster, short time stalker

I am finally finishing up at University and will soon be able to afford my first car. Petrol prices being what they are and VW indoctrinated from childhood as I am (and a bit of tree hugger), I was thinking about a Lupo.

I would like it to go faster (and stand a bit out on the parking lot), so I was thinking about adding some stripes to it.

I have an idea for the looks, but I need some advice from Lupo lovers. Am I going overboard, and will it make me look (more) like a cock?

I saw this red VW Lupo 1,2 TDi 3L 3d from 2000 at a local dealer, and I pimped it up using photo manipulation software. This is what I came up with:

Original:

lupo-original.jpeg

The fastest stripes:

lupo-middle-stripes.jpeg

More discrete stripes:

lupo-side-stripes.jpeg

What do you think of the idea? Too much? Will I grow tired of it?

from one lupo owner to potentially another please stay away from the go faster stripes and on car graffics as a general rule you will enevitably draw attention to the lupo for all the wrong reasons, the lupo lends itself better to the simple clean and uncluttered look, if you want it to stand out choose the right wheels (and no not the ones hung up on the wall in halfords) and drop it on its arse then itll get all the attention your after even by people on here

Funny, It's a good thing to make these mockups before buying or doing anything to the car. I'm already tired of the viper look. Still fond of the more 'discrete' stripes, but I still have time to think. Still have to pass some exams and talk to the bank before buying, with any luck, I'll be stuck with buying an aging Fiat Cinquecento :-(

dubsy, not into the whole lingo (and certainly not in english), when you say 'dropping it on its arse', what do you mean, exactly?

Dunno if you already know this, but the Lupo 3L (1.2 TDi) was never realeased in this country, only in Europe, and there are very few over here, so I wouldn't count on being able to find one when you want to!

But he isn't in this country... hence the 84,999 price tag on the car, and the LHD!! And the not understanding 'dropping it on its arse'... and the colour of the stripes...... German or Belgian maybe?? Although the price seems a bit much in Euros!!!

Daz Smith: Thank you for clearing this up - should have been clearer. I am from Denmark, the stripes are german, because it's a german car. Kinda the same as a vintage mini having the Union Jack on the roof. And the 84.999 is in Danish Crowns, making it roughly 9.000£ - but that's including the 200% registration fee.

Just did a search on the most popular dealer database. About 65 3L's available at the moment; they can't all be sold come September :-)

Edited by Gnomonic