how much power from a gti?

gkjnr

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not apparently.... Theres a few, even more world wide, Rothe motorsport had apparently carried out 13 conversions to a 1.6 turbo 220bhp in august last year.....

John

I WANT...................but cant afford. damn bills!!!!

I think its £8000 drive in drive out.

If you planned a trip down to them to get it done, go round the ring and come back, you wouldnt see much change from £11000.

But then again, there only claiming it go get to 62 in 6.7 seconds. I dont think its worth it IMO,

John

thats only the engine though isnt it? if so you could look to double that figure i would imagine to get the suspension, brakes, transmision and diff up to suit the new power.

its all good and well massively upping your power but without a decent set of stoppers and handling set up that money would be a waste!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a question for this topic. I'll hope someone can give a good awnser.

I'am probably going to buy my GTI next week. This GTI has got a 148 HP with Shrick 268/268 cams, a modified airbox with ram air and a Green filter in it and had some remapping done. This car also has got a Bastuck Group A Kat-back exhaust.

Would it be the effort to install a 4-2-1 Raceland manifold and a 2inch race kat. Still got those from my previous car. The raceland manifold is only 50mm (little less than 2 inch) wide at the end. I think that ain't enough for any more power gain but I don't know for sure. Maybe the car will have more torque in lower revs because it is a 4-2-1 in stead of a 4-1 system. Does anyone know how wide the original exhaust is (at the end of the manifold and the rest of the tubes)?